Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Howard G
United States
Bergenfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game looks great! I've enjoyed watching the videos and can't want for the KS campaign to begin.

I don't mean to be critical, but many of the cards in their present form seem to have errors of spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. Will the text be subjected to editing before the game is finalized?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't want. The irony. All in good jest, no slight intended!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

yes rest assured all will be passed by a copyright Editor before being finalised.

A couple of things though:

1 - Undoubtedly there will be mistakes, no argument there.
2 - We have many defined terms in the game, these are made to stand out
3 - the space on the cards is limited, it means we have had to adopt shorthand sometimes.

Delighted for you to message me with some of your finding though, that way we can try and fix as many as possible now.

cheers

Kev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Howard G
United States
Bergenfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nessie76 wrote:

Delighted for you to message me with some of your finding though, that way we can try and fix as many as possible now.

Sure, will do!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Wonderful thanks Howard keep em coming and we will try not to!

If you follow me

All really good spots.

The only query was around the Gnim. Yes in our world the Gnomes that the men have met are called the Gnimshka.

They are small in stature but feared everywhere. The Gnimshka live towards the warm lands and can summon a regimented army comprising mass phalanxes which offset their small stature. Their strength is further supplemented by enormous Waradgers (War-badgers). Imagine the army of Ancient Macedonia with living badger tanks and you get the idea.

Why is this fluff important?

The Gnimshka turned the tide at the Siege of Dun Mordhain, without them the Newcomers would have conquered all. The Gnimshka are a people to be feared, having Gnimshka Mastery (those symbols you can see in the green pennants on the videos)unlocks many cool things.

Gnim is just the diminutive of Gnimshka.

Hope that helps!

Kev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
1 - Undoubtedly there will be mistakes, no argument there.

Why? Would you also say that the colours are undoubtedly going to be off or bleed, that the cards will inevitably be badly cut? Probably not, so why does it seem like you're okay with leaving errors in the text? Can't you have two, or even three pairs of eyes proofread this before it goes to print, just to make sure you haven't missed anything?

I know you said that someone is going to review this, but it just appears as though you're not keen to devote enough attention to language.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev Young
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi Adrian,
apologies what I meant was that undoubtedly there will be mistakes in the review copies that were sent out, no argument there.

If we fund (and everything is an if just now) we are hoping to do the following:

1 Take up the offer from a number of you to review the rules and cards.

2 Possibly get Paul Grogan to take our rulebook and edit it.

3 Have a final proof review from a third party.

I hope that clarifies.

Cheers
Kev
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Teroux
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kev,

Yes, indeed, that does clarify things quite a bit. I'm very happy to see that you're intent on aiming for the best possible quality on all fronts.

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.