Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fell Swoop and movement rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Burton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fell Swoop states:

"After this attack resolves, become hidden, move up to 2 spaces then perform another attack."

Can Hawkbat gain/spend a movement point from a strain move after the attack that triggered Fell Swoop but before the Fell Swoop attack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
No, you can't strain for move points while resolving an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cool Grass
msg tools
mb
I agree with Craig. It's an interrupt after an attack resolves, you can't do anything else unless there is another interrupt. For example: Verena's close quarter.
I think Fell Swoop works very similar to close quarter with combat momentum only difference is the cost of fell swoop is 2 surges instead of strain. Verena can only move 1space with close quarter with combat momentum in her activation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot suffer strain for movement point nor spend movement points during an action.

During your activation abilities (including suffering strain for a movement point and spending movement points) are only possible before and after actions during your activation.

In other words, if Davith suffers strain for movement point or spends a movement point after the attack resolves, he just gave up the effect from Fell Swoop, because it no longer is after attack resolves. All abilities must be used when they trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Tobias Hatting
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
As the abilities states "move two spaces" I assume he can ignore hostile figures and dificult terrain"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatting wrote:
As the abilities states "move two spaces" I assume he can ignore hostile figures and dificult terrain"?

Yes, it is move X spaces. Hostile figures and difficult terrain matters only when spending movement points. The move must end to a valid space though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Burton
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.