Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James David Romo
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bought this yesterday. My wife an I play. She buys about 4 cards that trigger off of a 2 roll. She rolls it almost every turn. Gets more and more coins until she buys the airport. Then she gets 10 per turn and buys all the other upgrades.

I tried to buy all different things, to mitigate my dice rolls and cover all the sides. The stealing didn't trigger on her when she rolled say a 5 or a 3 or whatever because she never did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if someone gets lucky, it can happen. Rushing the Airport and then coasting off of that is a viable strategy if you can get the money together. It does sound like your wife had a substantial amount of luck though and it is probably not likely that something that one-sided would happen again soon. I wouldn't let it ruin the game for you.

Also as a side note, I would say Red cards are not as viable in 2-player and you are probably better off not investing into them heavily in such games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Jones
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just play a different two player game, or possibly get rid of the Airport in two player games. The game has issues at this player count.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.