Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a lot of game creators that do not understand the concept of rules enforcement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Several "choices" while 'Landslide' aught 'apropos' for HER! /kiss\
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alleman
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
That is a lot of game creators that do not understand the concept of rules enforcement.

Is that why you're voting for trump? Think he's a rule enforcer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite a bit of games that I obviously recognize but I'm surprised that I didn't recognize a single name on there. I'm not on the up and up with regards to a lot of board game designers who aren't super-famous but I expected to recognize some of the video game designers. Guess that isn't the point though. A good number of game designers have shown themselves to be assholes over the past year (mainly in the video game world more than tabletop games), so it is nice to be reminded that there are game designers out there who aren't alt-right GamerGate douchebags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: gamers4her here HRC "Ban Sheep Gutsy!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelsey Rinella
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
I am proud to have opposed those who describe all who oppose them as "Tender Flowers" and "Special Snowflakes".
badge
Check out Stately Play for news and reviews of games worth thinking about.
mbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:
Quite a bit of games that I obviously recognize but I'm surprised that I didn't recognize a single name on there. I'm not on the up and up with regards to a lot of board game designers who aren't super-famous but I expected to recognize some of the video game designers. Guess that isn't the point though. A good number of game designers have shown themselves to be assholes over the past year (mainly in the video game world more than tabletop games), so it is nice to be reminded that there are game designers out there who aren't alt-right GamerGate douchebags.

Not even Eric Lang or Matt Leacock? I mean, I get maybe being young enough that Tom Jolly doesn't ring a bell, or not so into Magic or Ascension that Justin Gary fired some neurons for you, but Pandemic has put Leacock's name in Targets and Barnes and Nobles nationwide, and Lang, I mean, what can you say? I feel like if I look at any three of his games, I'd think "Man, ONE guy did all those? He must be amazing". But check out the this list of games he's worked on:

2015 Blood Rage
2015 DUELYST
2015 XCOM: The Board Game
2015 Dungeons & Dragons Dice Masters: Battle for Faerûn
2014 Arcadia Quest
2014 Warhammer 40,000: Conquest
2014 Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men
2014 Kaosball: The Fantasy Sport of Total Domination
2012 Star Wars: The Card Game
2011 Quarriors!
2009 Chaos in the Old World
2009 Warhammer: Invasion
2008 A Game of Thrones: The Card Game
2008 Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game
2005 Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation

What the heck does a designer have to do to get on your radar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
itsblankablanktrap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick E
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rinelk wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

Not even Eric Lang or Matt Leacock? I mean, I get maybe being young enough that Tom Jolly doesn't ring a bell, or not so into Magic or Ascension that Justin Gary fired some neurons for you, but Pandemic has put Leacock's name in Targets and Barnes and Nobles nationwide, and Lang, I mean, what can you say? I feel like if I look at any three of his games, I'd think "Man, ONE guy did all those? He must be amazing". But check out the this list of games he's worked on:

2015 Blood Rage
2015 DUELYST
2014 Arcadia Quest
2011 Quarriors!

I do recognize Leacock and Lang. I'll admit that I somehow missed their names on there. I scrolled back through and saw both of their names at the bottom of the second to last page, and saw John Kovalic's name a couple spots above their names. So I guess there are three on there that I do recognize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could that write-up have been any more contrived and forced? "Hillary is your cool aunt who bought you D&D because it promotes literacy, Donald is the guy who ruins cons.... VOTE HILLARY!!!"

Seriously, if someone had written that as their first entry into RSP, they'd be mocked mercilessly for it. Even if you agreed with it, you'd look at that and go "Tone it down.... you aren't as clever as you think you are."

A small handful of big names, a bunch of people with a Kickstarter contribution where they get to say they are a game designer, and a write-up which screams "Trying too hard" like a kid wearing a fedora to his high school prom. Color me unimpressed. I mean (and I sincerely mean) good on whoever organized that for taking their voice and trying to do something good with it. Just the execution was.... laughable.

Hillary is a healer who will sometimes tank.... gosh, do you think that meme will stick?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Van Horn
United States
Othello
Washington
flag msg tools
I admit it, I killed her, I killed Yvette. I hated her so much
badge
Flames...flames on the side of my face...breathing...breathle...heaving breathes
mbmbmbmbmb
"Highest level candidate we've ever seen". Phrases like this make me puke in my mouth a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
GuidoVanHorn wrote:
"Highest level candidate we've ever seen". Phrases like this make me puke in my mouth a little.

255 geeks have urged you to purge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
Could that write-up have been any more contrived and forced? "Hillary is your cool aunt who bought you D&D because it promotes literacy, Donald is the guy who ruins cons.... VOTE HILLARY!!!"

Seriously, if someone had written that as their first entry into RSP, they'd be mocked mercilessly for it. Even if you agreed with it, you'd look at that and go "Tone it down.... you aren't as clever as you think you are."

A small handful of big names, a bunch of people with a Kickstarter contribution where they get to say they are a game designer, and a write-up which screams "Trying too hard" like a kid wearing a fedora to his high school prom. Color me unimpressed. I mean (and I sincerely mean) good on whoever organized that for taking their voice and trying to do something good with it. Just the execution was.... laughable.

Hillary is a healer who will sometimes tank.... gosh, do you think that meme will stick?

You may not be the target audience. Mike has been pretty good at this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

So who would the target audience be? Those who have already decided to vote for Hillary? If that's the case, then how did they let this on BGG? I thought the site's no-sex policy would not allow such masturbation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
You may not be the target audience.

We can safely assume anyone with testicles is not really in their target audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Fiscus
United States
Pittsburgh (Monroeville)
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EYEL1NER wrote:
rinelk wrote:
EYEL1NER wrote:

2015 Blood Rage
2015 DUELYST
2014 Arcadia Quest
2011 Quarriors!

I do recognize Leacock and Lang. I'll admit that I somehow missed their names on there. I scrolled back through and saw both of their names at the bottom of the second to last page, and saw John Kovalic's name a couple spots above their names. So I guess there are three on there that I do recognize.

Also Paul Peterson, who designed Smash Up, a game which you give your highest rating and own 2 expansions for.

You also give Magic: The Gathering your highest rating, and this list includes Peter Adkinson (who founded WotC), Aaron Forsythe (current Senior Director of R&D for Magic), as well as several Magic artists.

You also own Quarriors, which was not only designed by Eric Lang (as already mentioned), but also Mike Elliott.

Rob Daviau is also notable, having designed Seagfall, Pandemic Legacy, Risk Legacy, Heroscape, Star Wars Epic Duels, Star Wars The Queens Gambit, and Betrayal at House on the Hill.

Say what you want about the cheesy introduction or the general ineffectiveness of initiatives like this, but the names themselves are impressive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
North Dakota
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rent-free space in your head. Would have been nice if you'd cleaned it up a bit before you rented it out, though.
badge
I control your mind.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is always a stupid idea for people who depend on the goodwill of consumers to advertise their political leanings, no matter what their politics are.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No one wants Trump at their table because he always wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarxis wrote:

by cheating.

PS... Something tells me, post election, that Donald is going to have a great time with his IRS audit.

That house of cards will come tumbling down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter and Acerbic Harridan
GameCrossing wrote:
lfisher wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:

So who would the target audience be? Those who have already decided to vote for Hillary? If that's the case, then how did they let this on BGG? I thought the site's no-sex policy would not allow such masturbation.

Is it on BGG other than here where the title says Politics?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Sarxis wrote:

Lines like this make me throw up in my mouth a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought this thread was going to be about a new dating site where women can find gamers for romance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
TheChin! wrote:
I thought this thread was going to be about a new dating site where women can find gamers for romance.

I was thinking it was a thread started in Women & Gaming about "what game should I get for my wife, ladies?" that blew up and landed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.