Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Hi?

During the scoring of the Market phase, I have a Upkeep card in front of me.
Can I intentionally discard it even if I have enough money to pay for its upkeep cost?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Yes, it's your option with any upkeep card. Of course, you never get it back, unless you have one of the discard searching cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwang Il Kim
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I received the following answer from Z-man Games:
Quote:
As for the Upkeep yellow Cards, I’ve read the rules and nowhere it is written that you can opt out. It’s stated that you must pay the upkeep every turn. Now, based on your play style, you could always make a house rule to allow it, to open up potential strategies, but the original rule states that you must pay them if you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 18, near the bottom of the page (look for the card to the right):

Quote:
"If you do not pay the upkeep: Move your wooden marker 4 spaces back and score for its new position. Add the orange card to the discount pile."

PDF from Hans im Glück: http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/fileadmin/data_archive/Regeln/E...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.