Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dane P
United States
South Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Self explanatory, really.
I'm a rabid collector of most things Market-Garden. Well, most of the "good" market garden games (that don't require a barn to set up in).

Is this a good game?
Map isn't particularly appealing to me.

I'm still playing Hell's Highway and loving it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Dickens
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up this Arnhem 1944, game from Noble Knight Games, with an English translation.

I like what I see. It's a very good Operational Treatment of the battle. Lots of Chrome. Step reduction by using off map charts.

The translation is a bit rough but covers almost all of the game rules well.

Two Problems, One is Firing at Range (FaR), Rule 15, and the second is that rule 4.2.6 didn't get translated.

Lets start with FaR. The information on the counters for FaR are somewhat confusing. For those with the English rules, the example on page 13, lower right hand corner is the problem.

The example for the 1/101 Tiger Tank Bn is easy enough to understand. The first block, White numbers on Black Background, give the Gun Factor for an Adjacent hex, "Interior Zone", of "5", and for One hex range, "Exterior Zone", of "4". Then the Tiger has an Armor Factor, Black numbers on a Green background, of "5".

The trouble starts when the definitions for the P-Panc (AT Gun)are not completely translated. The translation for the info in the box roughly means, "Coefficient to fight with the other units; look 9.5.1."

The first part of the translation is easy enough to understand. I believe it means that the first number is the Gun Factor "3", when the unit is doing FaR by itself, while the second number in parenthesis "(4)" is the Gun Factor when doing FaR with other units or when stacked with other units.

Then the Armor Factor for the P-Panc unit has a Interior Zone value of "4", and a Extended Zone value, In Parenthesis!, of "(5)".

Then the "Look 9.5.1" is very confusing as rule 9.5.1 has to do with artillery in defense, and may not have anything to do with FaR.

I'm guessing that the Armor Value for the P-Panc, is actually similar to the Gun Factor values, ie "4" Armor value by itself and "(5)" when stacked with other units.

That's my best guess.

Let me translate 4.2.6 and I'll post that here.

Gene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gene Dickens
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No luck on translating 4.2.6

Gene

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.