Dustin Little
Australia
Perth
W.A.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I am interested in trying out this game and have been trying to do my research to see what is needed to be able to get started and sadly am still not quite sure.

I have found these 4 Enhanced Premiere Decks for around 35AUD and was wondering if this would work for getting my foot in and trying it out without breaking the bank before I know whether or not it is for me.

Any input would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Dustin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Vrettas
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dustin

Enhanced Premiere Decks are not "starter decks" which can be used
to play out of the box with

They contain a unique character card + a couple of boosters to add to an already playable deck of 60 cards

if you wanted to get involved with a deck that is playable out of the box and fun - i would recommend trying to hunt down the Death star II (light + dark side) decks which are quite balanced and fun to play out of the box

from there, you can expand your collection and modify your decks once you get a feel for the game

But the Death II starter decks fetch a high price nowadays...
so a budget option might be

Star Wars customizable card game 1995 Parker Brothers Introductory 2 player game

which will give you a light side and dark side deck to play with and learn the game, you can find them very cheap from time to time
the decks are not that great / and the unique cards are weak
but its a start for a budget

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
. . . give a ship.
mbmbmbmbmb
You would basicaly have enough to play the game but might end up short on locations. If you added a premiere starter deck to that you could build decks for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Little
Australia
Perth
W.A.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the helpful info.

If I was to pick up the two player starter set would these four enhanced premier decks be a worthwhile addition.

By worthwhile, I mean, would I be able to use the cards found in them to effectively build interesting decks alongside the cards found in the 2 player starter set?

Another helpful bit of info would be that no one else I know has any cards, I would be looking to build decks out of my collection for two players.

Thanks again,

Dustin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Blanco
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, adding the EPP (enhanced premiere packs) cards - both the special "mains" characters and the cards in the packs - to your 2-player deck will work just fine. But, if one player draws their Vader and the other can't find their Luke, it could be a lopsided game. Just like the movies, I guess

As for building for two, that's where you won't have any problem. Each card is either light side or dark side, so when you build a deck, you can only use cards from one faction. In your collection, then, you will automatically have cards for the two sides, so you'll easily be able to build decks for two players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.