23 Posts

Cornish Smuggler» Forums » Rules

Subject: Is there gonna be a V2 of the rulebook? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Gonna table the game this Friday and have received confusing signals about the game.
The rules seem easily dicepherable to me but , to those who have played the game, are there any important issues I should take note of?

I have the one page addendum sheet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
The truth is a lemon meringue!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be good to get a V2 or at least a collated FAQ. I did start to compile a FAQ from forum posts here but confusing signals from Grublin about them creating their own FAQ (in addition to the addendum) stalled my efforts. In the end life's too short and I didn't create the FAQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosie Reast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes there is going to be a V2 of the Cornish Smuggler rulebook. We are currently working on it as part of the process of reprinting Cornish Smuggler.

In the meantime have you seen the how to play video by Skip the Rulebook?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8H6rjuefDI

This should hopefully clear up some of your questions if you have anymore then please get in touch. (you can always pm me too)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news Rosie! If you could look back through these forums and create an FAQ that covers some of the questions asked that would be excellent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosie Reast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add it to my to do list
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
somemaid wrote:
I'll add it to my to do list
If the Qs are indeed FA the rulebook probably needs clarification on exactly those points - so it needs to be above the 'Redo Rulebook' task on your list.

I have yet to offer the game for play let alone get it on the table because of what I perceive as the still-open questions and gameplay balance. It'd be nice to know it can be played without running across what I remember as being 'fatal errors'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
I have yet to offer the game for play let alone get it on the table because of what I perceive as the still-open questions and gameplay balance. It'd be nice to know it can be played without running across what I remember as being 'fatal errors'.

Alas I am in the same situation. Kickstarted. Received. Watched videos. Read rules and forums posts. Gave up trying to figure out what was the right way to play it to avoid issues - I don't want to start a game with my friends to find I can't answer questions they come up with. Still unplayed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
Let's just play everything always.
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a KS edition too. Waiting on the new rulebook. Very excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosie Reast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is going to be a new rulebook and we are currently working on it.
But in the meantime before it is ready I will look through the forums and make an FAQ.
Sorry if I wasn't clear before
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Hidious
Singapore
flag msg tools
Many thanks
I am looking forward to playing this game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will hold back on playing it until V2 I think. Will there also be any component changes to the re-print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosie Reast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We're still finalising the components for the reprint, but will have more news in the new year. (We've got our hands full with Perfect Crime and Christmas at the moment)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news about V2 rulebook and the re-print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
arthurcucumber wrote:
Any news about V2 rulebook and the re-print?
It would be nice actually to play the game I paid full price for from Grublin ... even a draft of the new rules would be something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
"...to excel above the common rate, in frivolous things, is nothing graceful in a man of quality and honor." - Michel de Montaigne
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is still sitting there staring at me. I'm kind of starting to think about jumping ship on it, trading or selling it away unplayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Grumblin' at Grublin ....

somemaid wrote:
(We've got our hands full with Perfect Crime and Christmas at the moment)
You shouldn't abandon your first child in preference for a new one ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I traded mine unplayed. A real pity but the reason was I just couldn't be bothered to wade through all the FAQs that were scattered across the forums. When I teach a game to people I need to know that I am not going to be bombarded with Qs that I can't answer - I wasn't confident that I would be able to teach Cornish Smuggler confidently.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think Grublin are risking reputational damage unless they do something .. soon. 18 months rental on my shelf-space for an unplayed game is too much ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Batz wrote:
I traded mine unplayed.
Lucky you - no-one wants my copy .....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian B
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Scotland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
I think Grublin are risking reputational damage unless they do something .. soon. 18 months rental on my shelf-space for an unplayed game is too much ...

It's such a shame since I think they did an excellent PR and communications job of the actual Kickstarter campaign. And the look/feel quality of the game is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing on this front huh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rosie Reast
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update, we are still working on the new rulebook for Cornish Smuggler, we have loads of updates to make on the rule book and we want to make it as good as possible.
Unfortunately we have our hands full with Perfect Crime at the moment, but as soon as we've finished the things we need to do there, we will be devoting all our attention to the Cornish Smuggler rulebook.

I'll be updating here as soon as we have some more news.

PM me if you'd like to be involved in proofreading, we'd love your input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.