California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got the expansions integrated into my copy. But now have all those old Disaster cards. Feel like I should toss them so they aren't confused with the replacements. I can't think of a reason to keep them but was wondering what others did?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever intend to play the game without the Jet or Boat, you'd better hang on to them. Otherwise: into the paper bin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AernoutMJC wrote:
If you ever intend to play the game without the Jet or Boat, you'd better hang on to them. Otherwise: into the paper bin!

I can't imagine ever wanting to play without the full set of vehicles and characters. But you make a good point, you never know. And possible the designer might make a future expansion that requires that deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-W├╝rttemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
AernoutMJC wrote:

I can't imagine ever wanting to play without the full set of vehicles and characters. But you make a good point, you never know. And possible the designer might make a future expansion that requires that deck.

Personally, I'll never throw away any misprints or other components made irrelevant by an update.

The main reason is that I might somehow use the stuff in a design of my own.

Or imagine that the expansion becomes ultra rare and someone offers you 10.000 $ for it. If you agreed to give it away, your main game becomes useless ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Raps
Netherlands
Vlijmen
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It shouldn't be hard to keep the original cards apart from the new ones anyway, since the expansion cards are all marked with a red circle and the letters TI in the upper corner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bag em up and keep em safe and keep em secret. The completist in me is sat up the corner clutching my knee and rocking back and forth at the idea. If ever you wanted to sell/trade it on with out them it couldn't be classed as complete. But at the end of the day the choice is yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal E. Cross
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep mine for when I'm doing introductory games and I want to keep the brain-logic-puzzle-solving a little simpler.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Harris
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I sleeve mine with PnP card games printed on paper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralf Kramosch
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played The Hood expansion once so far, but I have a feeling that the extra characters scattered around the board from Tracy Island might make it slightly more difficult for the Hood. Next time I play The Hood expansion I'll try it without the extra Tracy Island characters and disasters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone. You've convinced me to keep them. I'll just put them in a separate ziplock labeled that they are the old versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.