Popular Tags: [View All]
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of adding more heroes to the game, but they need their own special powers. So far, I'm working with these two ideas:

1. You are not affected by Drakon or the special power of any other hero until the beginning of your next turn. Use at any time. (Thematically, you become invisible.)

2. Resolve the effect of your current chamber, at the start or the end of your turn. It cannot be used to gain/steal a coin or to move Drakon. (This power allows you to use the effect of a chamber twice on the same turn or activate a chamber even if you don't move.)

3. As your action remove on or two chambers and replace them with empty chambers from your hand. Only the chamber where your hero is and adjacent chambers can be chosen. The starting chamber and chambers that give a coin are immune.

4. In a movement action, move up to three chambers. Resolve the effect only of the last one, ignoring the others (including magic harps adjacent to those).

Does anyone have other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Special powers regarding the drawing of tiles. The game is very luck dependent in this regard.

Also, special powers allowing you to look at coins before you take them could be useful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but notice that powers are used once per game. There is already a power that allows you to exchange tiles. Choosing a coin once per game wouldn't be very useful or interesting, and it wouldn't work with the (official) variant in which you count only the amount of coins, ignoring their values.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
1. You are not affected by Drakon or the special power of any other hero until the beginning of your next turn. Use at any time. (Thematically, you become invisible.)

The problem with this idea is that it effectively nullifies one of the other players "once only" ability, which isn't much fun for them. Maybe if you said that the other player keeps their ability to use again it would be ok. Thematically it makes sense. You went invisible before they got to use it.

It did make me think of another similar power.

Ignore a tile effect.

GSReis wrote:

2. Resolve the effect of your current chamber, at the start or the end of your turn. It cannot be used to gain/steal a coin or to move Drakon. (This power allows you to use the effect of a chamber twice on the same turn or activate a chamber even if you don't move.)

It could be Move 0 tiles. So no twice on the same turn, just twice in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lukerazor wrote:
Maybe if you said that the other player keeps their ability to use again it would be ok.

It should work as a deterrent. The other player should avoid targeting the hero with the invisibility power while he still has it. But not losing the nullified power works, too.

Quote:

Yes, but I think it might be a bit weak. Using two tile effects in the same turn (or the same effect twice) seems more balanced to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Two more powers added in the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Phillips
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:

Quote:

Yes, but I think it might be a bit weak. Using two tile effects in the same turn (or the same effect twice) seems more balanced to me.

It's funny I was thinking maybe it's a bit OP . It is pretty much a guaranteed coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
lukerazor wrote:
It's funny I was thinking maybe it's a bit OP . It is pretty much a guaranteed coin.

It seems you missed the restriction about not using it to get a coin. Of course, if your version allows that, it's a different matter. But then there would be no point to this power, as it would always be used to get a coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.