GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,047 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Late game rule ambiguity, Box 5 (SPOILERS!!!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spoiler (click to reveal)

When you hire a Society member that has (what appears to be) their Rank printed on them, do you read the Captain's Booke entry for them?

For instance, we had a guy ranked 23 come out, is the first person who hires him supposed to read entry 23? And what about people who hire him later on?

Also, when we've been finding out other hidden ranks with the black light, we've been reading the Captain's Booke entry that is the number of their rank. That's what we're supposed to do, yes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a similar question, but this is the way I understand it and my group is playing it right now:
You are correct about the second part.
- Make an advisor active for this turn.
- Declare that you are interrogating them.
- Gain a glory only if they have no enmity stickers on them from any player.
- Put one of your enmity stickers on them.
- Shine the light on them. If you find no number stop here.
- Don't tell others what the number is.
- Find the number in the Captain's Booke and read the text out loud.
- You might gain additional glory in the text. You can interrogate this person later to gain the Booke glory again.
- Everybody is keeping their own private note sheet.

We are playing that you can interrogate the advisors with printed numbers as well, but we haven't had the chance to buy any yet, so it has never come up.

When the event cards that check for the highest member of a guild activate at the end of the season:
- Shine the light on each advisor of that guild in player's council rooms, but do not read the entries for any of them. Players can record their numbers on their notes sheets. We are considering writing the numbers on the advisors once everyone knows their number, but we're still not sure any of that matters.

I believe this last bit about the event cards was confirmed by Rob Daviau, but I couldn't find the thread right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TJ
United States
Burbank
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with what Will said.

Advisors with numbers printed on them are publicly members of the society, they aren't trying to hide it. But you still need to interrogate them and apply enmity to read their corresponding entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Random
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mb
Temelin wrote:

When the event cards that check for the highest member of a guild activate at the end of the season:
- Shine the light on each advisor of that guild in player's council rooms, but do not read the entries for any of them. Players can record their numbers on their notes sheets. We are considering writing the numbers on the advisors once everyone knows their number, but we're still not sure any of that matters.

I believe this last bit about the event cards was confirmed by Rob Daviau, but I couldn't find the thread right away.

I would very much like to see the quote about this. We started out doing that, but decided after seeing the public advisors that it's probably only them. The public advisors are completely busted, so you need a downside for purchasing them. Plus it specifically says only shine when told to and the event does not actually specify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SomeoneRandom wrote:
Temelin wrote:

I would very much like to see the quote about this. We started out doing that, but decided after seeing the public advisors that it's probably only them. The public advisors are completely busted, so you need a downside for purchasing them. Plus it specifically says only shine when told to and the event does not actually specify.

TJ had posted this thread before which I think he should probably change:
[SPOILERS] Rule 11

Because JR Honeycutt said this:
Re: "Highest Rank"? [box 5 spoilers]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
Wait, is it
gain glory if there are no enmity stickers of ANY players
or
no enmity stickers of YOURS
?

I thought it was the latter, but we've only played one game (the game in which we opened box 5) so it hasn't had a chance to come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only if there are no enmity stickers at all.

Basically, you are
getting glory from the inquisition for being the first player to expose the advisor's allegiance. After that's been done, the inquisition doesn't care if anyone else provides the same information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Denning
msg tools
Yeah, it was spelled out pretty obviously when I went and double checked. I just remembered it wrong for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.