Subject: Is it me or this KS looks like it was made by CMON? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Krzysztof Olszewski
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,
I wonder if you talked already about it but for me the style they use in their KS is CMON like. I wonder if CMON supports them or they just "borrow" their style? KS exclusives attached to ad ons, plastic tokens etc.

As for the first KS of that company it looks very brave to make so many add-ons.

What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bos
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
olsszak wrote:
Hello,
I wonder if you talked already about it but for me the style they use in their KS is CMON like. I wonder if CMON supports them or they just "borrow" their style? KS exclusives attached to ad ons, plastic tokens etc.

As for the first KS of that company it looks very brave to make so many add-ons.

What do you think?

The took a money-printing concept and used it. I agree that they do have many addons, I have 0 faith in their delivery date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Aigner
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
olsszak wrote:
I have 0 faith in their delivery date.

Doesn't "kickstarter" translate into "always late" for every language? ;-)
(with some minor exceptions of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it does

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Credit to Sammy:

Quote:
From the KS comments:

have you guys worked on any other games before striking out on your own?
Any previous game design experience?

We haven't TBH. And we are learning from other experienced big companies, like CMON. We shared our creations with the extraordinary illustrators, sculptors, and designers all around the globe and received their enthusiastic feedback, and that is how Deep Madness is born. Now we have confirmed our manufacturer, Ludo Fact, they are great at miniature board game manufacture.

The designer of Deep Madness is Roger Ho, who has designed tabletop games since 2013. Deep Madness might be the first published work of his.
Although Diemension Games is a young company, we know what gamers want, because we are all gamers, backers, and dreamers. Please give us a chance to prove ourselves and make our dreams come true.
Thank you for all your support!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Like the quote says, they do have learned from the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Their delivery date is a Whopping 1 year. That's way longer than the usually 6-8 month turn around for most miniature kickstarters although there have been kickstarters that take longer but those usually don't have concept or base game finished. This company seems to have those all fleshed out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chamberland
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be interesting to know if Diemension Games is using the same manufacturer as CMON.

The campaign feels like a Chinese company has seen how successful CMON has been using Chinese manufacturing (which includes sculpting) and decided to try producing a CMON type game on their own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:
It would be interesting to know if Diemension Games is using the same manufacturer as CMON.

The campaign feels like a Chinese company has seen how successful CMON has been using Chinese manufacturing (which includes sculpting) and decided to try producing a CMON type game on their own.

They're using Ludo Fact China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bennett
United Kingdom
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:
Their delivery date is a Whopping 1 year. That's way longer than the usually 6-8 month turn around for most miniature kickstarters although there have been kickstarters that take longer but those usually don't have concept or base game finished. This company seems to have those all fleshed out.

Hopefully that's a case of under promise, over deliver! There are a number of other current miniature based KSs that are delivering either August or November 2017. For their first shot at this, I'd rather they err'd on the side of caution (see SoB/Flying Frog etc).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pflug
Germany
Schwäbisch Gmünd
Baden Würtemberg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They copied a lot from cmon, but they also improved on a few things already, as stated above.

And yes, they are using the same company to produce their miniatures, than cmon used for ZBP, Bloodtage and the others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From what I can tell Ludo Fact is a German company not a Chinese. Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I loved the sound of this game..

Then I watched the campaign video and saw the glut of additional content and all the bullshit.

No way. I would love to climb aboard, but nothing turns me off faster than this crap.

Dark Souls got me because Dark Souls is my favorite video game and holds a special place in my heart.. even though I know it's a sham and regret it being like that.

I hate that so many board games go this route and hope they cut this out soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludo Fact has both a Chinese and a European division.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
Polioliolio wrote:

Then I watched the campaign video and saw the glut of additional content and all the bullshit.

No way. I would love to climb aboard, but nothing turns me off faster than this crap.

Dark Souls got me because Dark Souls is my favorite video game and holds a special place in my heart.. even though I know it's a sham and regret it being like that.

Well, if not so many board games were like this, it's possible that a Dark souls board game would have never seen the light of day. You pledged it for Dark souls because you loved it, but is it that farfetched to think that people may love these other excessive-glut-additional-content bullshit-board-games?

A word to the wise meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Polioliolio wrote:

I like extra content...hummm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Stewart
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
Matthews & Moorcock Magnificent Magicians of the Multiverse
mbmbmbmbmb
Mandor wrote:

And in the end this will be a good thing - the interaction between the publishers/designers & the manufacturing will be much faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goeshi
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The level of professionalism in this campaign gives me high expectations. They have obviously been watching CMON carefully, and learnt from their mistakes. Will there be unforeseen "ships stuck in China"-type delays? Definitely. But we've seen working prototypes, resin minis, and have a creator who replies to backer comments at all times of day! I think this has huge potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless I missed something (and, if I did, post it on the "Who is Diemensional Games" thread NOW!), they haven't replied to backer questions about their publishing experience. I'm reading their post as that they've learned how to *run* a KS like CMON, *not* learned from CMON how to *fulfill* one. I'm really not clear how they could learn how to fulfill a CMON project, unless their project manager worked for CMON, which they did not do because they haven't worked on a game project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mb
It's true. But honestly, what makes me afraid of a campaign is if the KS page doesn't show most of the sculpted miniatures already, like in Siege of the citadel. Almost nothing was ready, only at concept art. But here, almost everything is ready, which gives me a lot of faith in the project.

After that, yes we don't know how they will manage to go to mass production and shipping, but that's an uncertainty I can accept.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
After Prodos' Aliens vs. Predator, there's no such thing as "ready" miniatuers, IMO. They showed us boxes of production miniatures and showed AvP miniatures in a display at a major trade show -- then took *three* years to deliver. OTOH, They also showed production miniatures for their LOAD KS, which is now shipping. DM *has* shown resins, and that's better than concept art (although many of their heroes are just concept art) and renders (although most of their grey miniature pics are renders).

That's not to say DG won't fulfill. Pretty obviously, this project is high risk / high reward. I'm overwhelmed with miniatures from previous KS projects, and ran out of room for my boardgames, so have cut off high-risk projects from my gaming budget. Myself, I also back miniature projects, so it "only" took three years of lower risk projects to further tighten the KS spigot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus Appel
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mrdabba wrote:
Their delivery date is a Whopping 1 year. That's way longer than the usually 6-8 month turn around for most miniature kickstarters

I've seen lots of miniature kickstarters that estimate a year for delivery - and they are often as late as those with shorter estimates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.