Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Nobody is prefect.
badge
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like that with the Anniversary update, Windows 10 has broken New Vegas. The game will still play the opening movie, but after that crashes. It seems that this has something to do with graphics handling, and it might be limited to some graphics cards, as I have heard you may be able to get around this by rolling back Nvidia drivers to an earlier edition. I don't intend to do that, though.

I reinstalled Fallout 3 instead, and I noticed that that one, while you can get it to run, also has issues. In particular, it requires Windows LIVE which is no longer supported by Microsoft, though you can still install it. If you do that, you can start Fallout 3, though it is prone to hanging your PC. This seems to have something to do with multi-processors, and there are tools available from the Nexus to help with that (on the other hand, the tools on Nexus which should solve the New Vegas problem do nothing).

I am kinda miffed that evidently I can still run old DOS games in a DOS box on my modern computer, but I can no longer run certain games that are five years old. Are we really getting into an era where you have to play a game as soon as it comes out, because you can forget about playing it a couple of years later?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try installing the new vegas anti crash mod.

It has a Win 10 anniversary fix, worked for me.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/53635/?

you will also need the NVSE

http://nvse.silverlock.org/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.