$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
lorenzo sonzogni
Italy
flag msg tools
We are a group of experienced MALE boardgamer (once or twice a week), who try sometimes to involve our ladies but.. they simply lack in competitiveness, so if they have to do something vs someone they feel bad or simply don't do it.

So cooperative really fit, and it worked; we played a 4 player campaign (2 expert + 2 wives) and we we have not encountered the problem of alpha player, everyone enjoyed is part in the game:

The game is not heavy but is quite deep: usually we plan from 4 to 8 turn haed and every player give a solid contribute.

About number of player: i think that 4 is the perfect number: one of the most enjoyable part of every match is the start up when we discuss which role could better fit the match: i'm sure that having 4 choice and choosing the right sequence considering the player card in starting hand made the game more interesting that a 2 player's one.

The story is not great, but is enough.

the game change quite often, and when it doesn't, the different starting contaminated city made an huge different (for example choosing militar or quarantine pg when there are a lot of fade or ignore that part of the world is the weren't a big problem)

So we i think that we enjoy every month we play (sure someone more than other but no one was boring)

what we didn't like:
the end of search theme:
you got just one shot to find patience 0 and it is part of the campaign too important to end this way.

we resolve every search at 1st attempt cos roling the game they were the most important things in the story.

when we arrive in oct. we simply can't find him:
we got groudzero fallen, with no military base in, and our operation expert had a scare that forbid him to enter fallen city.
So we decided to set our first game waiting to pick los angeles card to build a base and making it permanent to be used the following match:
and we did !
....but unfortunatly we win the 1st half!
No one enjoyed the team bravo intrusion at the start of nov.

It is terrible that lose a game would be better than win it.

we understand that start to vaccine in nov is crucial for timing but, make the last search mandatory would be better, cos we really would lose that half if we know that in november it was to late.

another option could be start reserch a month before (there were some month that simply are repetition of previus); that way give another shot to find last puzzle piece.

or simply make a search less..it was quite repetitive (just the one in dec is different from the others) so one less would not have been a big lack.

Conclusion:
Everyone enjoy the game and our ladies feels bad about it was ended, asking for another one so we surely buy the 2nd season.

switch the evening theme from:
"beer, joint and insult each other" to
"good wine, be polite and cooperative" could be fine...

sometimes devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
[Looks around nervously, waiting for the trouble to start...]

I know plenty of women who'd gladly challenge you to a game of something if you think they lack competitiveness. I'll be gaming with three or four of them this evening. (-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you about team bravo. We had the same problem as you had (winning october), and you're right, making this mission mandatory would have helped a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You may want to check out T.I.M.E Stories. Another co-operative game that a lot of people love to play with friends/families.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirsten Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
This is my amazing dog Moxxi. She supports us gaming by trying to steal our food :P
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL You obviously never played with me I even made Mysterium into a competitive game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jennie
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So competitive here...I made the "Trust Walk" icebreaker into a Trust Run (and my team won!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.