Subject: Clarification 6. resolving combat round rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cédric Di Noto
France
flag msg tools
mb
hello,

i'm studying rules and some time i have doubts about my understanding !!

so i allows me to ask some questions!!

sorry if they may seem basic or stupid !!

in the living rules you said that :

"In all cases, if any of your units have 1 or more printed Factors of the type for that Round, then the minimum number of Factors you can have after all modifications is 1."

and after:

"If none of your units have 1 or more Factors after all modifications, then your side does not roll."

Is it mean the units for the second ligne did not have at least 1 or more printed factors ? or you speak about units with no land primary factor ?

thank's
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Cedric,

All questions are good!

eucalys wrote:
hello,

i'm studying rules and some time i have doubts about my understanding !!

so i allows me to ask some questions!!

sorry if they may seem basic or stupid !!

in the living rules you said that :

"In all cases, if any of your units have 1 or more printed Factors of the type for that Round, then the minimum number of Factors you can have after all modifications is 1."

and after:

"If none of your units have 1 or more Factors after all modifications, then your side does not roll."

Is it mean the units for the second ligne did not have at least 1 or more printed factors ? or you speak about units with no land primary factor ?

thank's

I'm sorry this isn't clear. I'll try to say it differently.

(1) If any of your units have 1 or more printed Factors for the type of Round you are doing, then your minimum Factors after all modifications is 1 (even if the modifications due to good defensive Factors reduced you below 1).

Example: In a Land Round, I Ground Attack with a 1 Land Factor GAR against a unit that is -2 defensive Land Factors. I still roll on the '1' column (even though my final modified Land Factors are -1).

(2) If none of your units have 1 or more printed Factors, but you gain
some modifications (from bad enemy defensive Factors) and end up with some positive Factors as a result, then you get to roll with those Factors.

Example: In a Land Round, the other side is attacking my GAR that has 0 Land Factors. Two of the attacking land units both have a +1 defensive Land Factor that adds to my total Land Factors. I end up with 2 Land Factors and roll on the '2' column.

(3) If none of your units have 1 or more printed Factors and you don't gain any Factors from modifications, then you don't roll.

Example: use example #2 but suppose none of the attacking land units have any positive defensive Land Factors. Then my GAR still has 0 Land Factors after all modifications, and thus does not roll.

Hope this helps,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cédric Di Noto
France
flag msg tools
mb

ok, thank's for helps

so it's always about land factors before modifications

if 1 or + printed minimum Factors after all modifications is 1

if 0 printed and after modification Factors is 0 then you don't roll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes! Have fun ;-).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.