Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Conan Component Issues? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Priscilla
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Does anyone have a list of the actual components that have production issues when it comes to the Kickstarter stuff being delivered for Conan? I have read some say that there is an issue with the wrong icons being used on a number of tiles, but I was wondering if anyone could or has compiled a list of what components may currently have issues. I am asking because I mentioned to Monolith that I had heard there were a few other issues with the game. Their response made it seem like they were unaware of any issues other than the rulebook. They asked to know in more detail what else was wrong when it comes to the cards, tiles, and other physical components being delivered. I wish I could make the time to try and research this fully on my own, but I have a sick 2 year old I am working with atm, so I am pressed for time. Thanks for any help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmojunkbox wrote:
I have read some say that there is an issue with the wrong icons being used on a number of tiles, but I was wondering if anyone could or has compiled a list of what components may currently have issues.

All of the OL tiles for the add-on sets have an identical misprint: their Shield icon should be a Helmet (indicating a passive armor value instead of an active defense). It's purely cosmetic: since OL tiles never have an active defense value, interpreting it incorrectly is seemingly impossible.

The list of translation errors in various printed components is longer than my hair: this forum covers them in gross detail. You're not going to find a single, unified list of them. (i follow these forums closely, and such a beast does not yet exist, though there are several threads which focus on consolidating particular categories of errors, e.g. translation errors.)

mmojunkbox wrote:
I am asking because I mentioned to Monolith that I had heard there were a few other issues with the game. Their response made it seem like they were unaware of any issues other than the rulebook.

Probably because several thousand people have already made them painfully aware of various shortcomings. They're very probably tired of hearing it. :/

Check your KS updates: they are nearing completion on an updated rulebook and there is, as yet, no official word on how (or whether) they're going to handle the misprints and translation errors on tiles and cards.

Nobody on BGG, other than perhaps those close to Monolith, know anything more precise than what Monolith posts in their KS updates.

mmojunkbox wrote:
They asked to know in more detail what else was wrong when it comes to the cards, tiles, and other physical components being delivered.

They cannot possibly not know that at this point. At least one Monolith employee follows these forums and has actively contributed to clarifications in many such cases.

mmojunkbox wrote:
I wish I could make the time to try and research this fully on my own, but I have a sick 2 year old I am working with atm, so I am pressed for time. Thanks for any help!

All the info you're asking for, except possibly an exact list of all components, is here in the forums, but is unfortunately not all available in curated/consolidated form. i.e. finding it requires some time and effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but in playing a game this weekend, we found that one of the two blank/white Pirate tiles had different stats. It had 2 armor instead of 1 and hit a bit harder (not at home to compare right now). Has anyone else noticed this? Is this an alternative "tougher" Pirate tile or a printing error? Since there was another blank/white Pirate tile with the correct stats, not a big deal once I noticed it, but the OL almost had an elite Pirate squad in that play through!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dybacz
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Skeletons and the Mummies have different stats also. I think it is just to give some variation (and you may even have 2 types of each of these three minis, so you could use them for that...).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CardboardAnt wrote:
The Skeletons and the Mummies have different stats also. I think it is just to give some variation (and you may even have 2 types of each of these three minis, so you could use them for that...).

Someone else reported different stats on Pirates, too (and i'm too lazy to go check mine), but i also don't think any of those is a misprint (but, as you say, to provide variety).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pirates, mummies and skelis came with alternate tiles, I think as part of the stretch goals. From what I've seen one alternative a 2 tiles per type.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Brazelton
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, great. Thank you guys. I'm very glad that this was intended rather than an error. Although, once again, a full components list would have helped greatly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.