• [+] Dice rolls
Ciaran M
United Kingdom
Co. Down
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Teowulff,

I voted other as I'd want an art/design/lorebook compendium with none of the main rules repeated, included, I'd like the glossy art page supported with a page with some lore details (both original myth and current mindset) as well as touching on how the unit was designed for gameplay, reference to their abilities, with a little bit of tactica thrown in there too.
Perhaps a rules summary and rules/abilities appendices at the back of the book to tie into the design commentary on each unit page/chapter.
I think the above format would provide nice art book for those fans but also a reason to pick it up and read it for others too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave S
England
Newcastle under lyme
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also would prefer an Art/Lore book with the art being used as reference for paint schemes and the lore so that I can throw out interesting facts whilst playing the game but ultimately it would come down to cost,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skazzz wrote:
I also would prefer an Art/Lore book with the art being used as reference for paint schemes and the lore so that I can throw out interesting facts whilst playing the game but ultimately it would come down to cost

Yes I guess you're right.
But if Monolith already has the print files .. if adding some content would result in, say, 40% more sales? A few more pages may indeed get a bit more expensive but on the other hand, one would expect the price per copy to go down. And the rules aren't full-colour pictures so less pricey per page.

So basically it comes down to, what do we want in the artbook?
a) artwork
b) lore
c) scenarios
d) rules
e) paint guide
... anything else? :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.