Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul Regulski
United Kingdom
LEEDS
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some Speculation !!!
PERHAPS a new edition may come out. with an expanded map including a more extensive East & South AFRICA...with improved game play in that part of the world. German East Africa alone was 3 times the size of Germany...and the Campaign there went on for the entire war. so more areas and a retreat rule for this area. Also Colonial infantry sculpts...[ at least 4 I can think of... ]

BUT MAYBE a good idea would be : Axis & Allies RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR / REVOLUTION..
Ideas >> a map to cover from east Germany to Siberia...Pieces for Bolsheviks { 2 factions } / Finns - Baltic states / Polish / Czech - Siberians...{ more ? }

with Infantry / Cavalry / Artillery / Armoured Cars / armoured Trains ! and maybe...Gunboats [ battleships & other fleet stuff etc wouldn't be required ] Then rules to link that with the 1914 game could be done...

Dream on..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Polish5 wrote:
Some Speculation !!!
PERHAPS a new edition may come out. with an expanded map including a more extensive East & South AFRICA...with improved game play in that part of the world. German East Africa alone was 3 times the size of Germany...and the Campaign there went on for the entire war. so more areas and a retreat rule for this area. Also Colonial infantry sculpts...[ at least 4 I can think of... ]

BUT MAYBE a good idea would be : Axis & Allies RUSSIAN CIVIL WAR / REVOLUTION..
Ideas >> a map to cover from east Germany to Siberia...Pieces for Bolsheviks { 2 factions } / Finns - Baltic states / Polish / Czech - Siberians...{ more ? }

with Infantry / Cavalry / Artillery / Armoured Cars / armoured Trains ! and maybe...Gunboats [ battleships & other fleet stuff etc wouldn't be required ] Then rules to link that with the 1914 game could be done...

Dream on..

I like the direction you're heading. I'm for one waiting for a revised edition before buying in. Something representing the World War 1 battle tactics in a better way.

And variants like AA D-Day, AA Battle of the Bulge and AA Guadalcanal would be very, very nice as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

AA Stalingrad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A&A North Africa 41-43(utilizing the Bulge system mechanics). There could be different scenarios and perhaps even multiple board maps to show the 3 different and distinct phases of the N. African campaign- N. Africa(Libya and Egypt) Operation Torch, and Tunisia.
And A&A Battle of Britain(perhaps using the D-Day system with some cards).
As far as WWI, perhaps they could add a separate battle board complete with its own spaces to utilize for the Western Front. Yes, it was a World War, and yes there were key battles to be had in other theatres, but it was won and lost all on the Western Front. All usefull tactical and strategic movement was achieved in the Western Front in the first month and last month or two of the war. A separate battle board could refkect this meat grinder more effectively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there actually some possibility of something new in the A&A world, or is this just hopeful wishing?

PS- I'd love to see an A&A East Front- the whole war....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El Supremo wrote:
Is there actually some possibility of something new in the A&A world, or is this just hopeful wishing?

PS- I'd love to see an A&A East Front- the whole war....

As of Right now: this is all pure speculation and wishful thinking, nothing new on the A&A front officially.

As for an East Front A&A game: check out historical boardgaming's Operation Barbarossa. Nice map(vinyl roll up, similar graphics to Global War 39), has some nice rules and innovations. As long as you have enough pieces to supply yourself(most A&A fans have multiple games, so this shouldnt be an issue). This game may scratch your itch. Need a big table though, if memory serves, the map is slightly bigger than the global 40 map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of us on BGG kicked around some ideas about this on this thread. While grand A&A explainer Krieghund weighed in on that thread, it was only to say that he hadn't heard anything about a second edition for A&A '14.

I hope the link helps.

-M_R

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew McBrien
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
I'd prefer that the Central Powers got storm troops instead of tanks. Although I'd keep them identical to tanks in game terms.

Other than that, maybe make Italy neutral for the first round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Midnight Reaper
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Let Him Beware!
mbmbmbmbmb
macbee wrote:
Other than that, maybe make Italy neutral for the first round?

I've given some thought to a odd player number variant (3 or 5 or 7 players) where 1-3 play(s) the Triple Alliance, 1-3 play(s) the Central Powers, and 1 plays the Italians. The Italians don't do anything the first two rounds of the game, then the Alliance and the Powers attempt to influence Italy to join their side. By influence, I mean bribe, by any means available in game: territory, units, money, support for proposed Italian offensive, what have you.

The agreements are non-binding, and Italy is free to choose either side's offer. The catch is that if the side that Italy chooses wins the game but does not live up to their bribe, only Italy wins. The rest of the would-be-winning faction loses because they broke their agreement with Italy.

Unbalanced as all get out? Probably. It needs some play testing and tweaking at a minimum. But I'd love to work at it some time.

-M_R
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.