Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Peak Oil» Forums » News

Subject: Pics of the final prototype! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Rodriguez Samaniego
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gearing up for the Kickstarter campaign, we've taken some pics of the "more-or-less-final" production prototype. You can check them out on the Peak Oil forum here. Also, you can check some more on our facebook here.

Here's a sneak peek though:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that you'll get a lot of complaints that the box contains mainly air! I mean... it's thematic all right, but does it really need to be that big?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The box also contains a free drum of crude oil.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Rodriguez Samaniego
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
miloshot wrote:
The box also contains a free drum of crude oil.


Exactly

The box is not final, nor is the size of the board (board will be bigger). We've had this prototype custom built to show the components, but it's not final-final version of it.

Also, keep in mind that the box needs to be able to contain the cardboard chip sheets, the rules, and the insert. And hopefully the stretch goals...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heiko Günther
Germany
Saarbrücken
Saarland
flag msg tools
designer
Coming soon: Peak Oil!
badge
I spent 100 GG so you can read this.
Avatar
mccrispy wrote:
I think that you'll get a lot of complaints that the box contains mainly air! I mean... it's thematic all right, but does it really need to be that big?
Admittedly, it stacks terrible with other game boxes, and uses a lot of space on your game shelf. On the other hand, you can use it as gaming table. Also, you could just repack the game and use the box to store other things. Oil, for example.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lee elektrik wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
I think that you'll get a lot of complaints that the box contains mainly air! I mean... it's thematic all right, but does it really need to be that big?
Admittedly, it stacks terrible with other game boxes, and uses a lot of space on your game shelf. On the other hand, you can use it as gaming table. Also, you could just repack the game and use the box to store other things. Oil, for example.

I'm trying to figure out it this is best stored vertically or horizontally, perhaps on wooden stilts to hold it in place. I may have an antique shelf that would do the trick... then you have to be concerned about drum dishing/flaring, you know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Rodriguez Samaniego
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I might not have understood the joke, my bad...that's what regular exposure to internet trolls does to you in the end....oh well.

In any case, hope you like the pics of the prototype!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SamRod wrote:
Heh, I might not have understood the joke, my bad...that's what regular exposure to internet trolls does to you in the end....oh well.

In any case, hope you like the pics of the prototype!
I was wondering when (if) the penny would drop shake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Rodriguez Samaniego
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
heh, yeah

Well, more pics incoming very soon. And also some news...stay tuned
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.