John Bandettini
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
That one not so much
badge
Ohh that tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanted to share an email I have just sent after one of their salesmen was very rude to me this morning.

I visited your store this morning with the intention of buying some games. I enjoy browsing the large selection you have. I was greeted on entering the store by a bearded gentleman with long hair who asked me if I needed any assistance. I said I was just going to browse for a while and thanked him for his help.

I browsed for a while and had decided to purchase Game of Thrones:The Iron Thrown, City of Thieves and Codenamesictures. Nearly £120 worth of business. I regularly spend over £100 in the store. Another couple of people entered the store and a tall slim assistant (not the one who greeted me went to help them). They wanted to get a copy of Mysterium. The assistant informed them that it was sold out. I had just noticed a copy on the shelves and thought he must have made a mistake. So I got and walked down and said 'You do have a copy, it's here'.

The assistant said to me'That copy is reserved for a customer'. I replied not I felt unreasonably 'Then why is it on the shelf?'. I was obviously irritating the assistant as he snapped (and there is no other way to describe it) back at me, 'Because I have not taken it off the shelf yet, and please don't interrupt me again'.

Now just because you put please in a statement, it does not make it polite. I was trying to help and the attitude I got back was the rudest I have ever received in a shop anywhere in the world. I immediately put back the games I was about to buy and went to Orcs Nest and spent my money there. I will be shopping either at Orcs Nest or online for the foreseeable future.

Yours sincerely

John Bandettini
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Rudeness at Leisure Games
this seems like a strange place to relate this story... the store's owner most likely won't find this post... and from what you describe the rudeness you encountered was from an employee not the owner. I'd suggest calling the store and asking for the owner....

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/ContactUs.html

ps: I'd also include London UK in this thread's subject...

JohnBandettini wrote:
I just wanted to share an email I have just sent after one of their salesmen was very rude to me this morning.

I visited your store this morning with the intention of buying some games. I enjoy browsing the large selection you have. I was greeted on entering the store by a bearded gentleman with long hair who asked me if I needed any assistance. I said I was just going to browse for a while and thanked him for his help.

I browsed for a while and had decided to purchase Game of Thrones:The Iron Thrown, City of Thieves and Codenamesictures. Nearly £120 worth of business. I regularly spend over £100 in the store. Another couple of people entered the store and a tall slim assistant (not the one who greeted me went to help them). They wanted to get a copy of Mysterium. The assistant informed them that it was sold out. I had just noticed a copy on the shelves and thought he must have made a mistake. So I got and walked down and said 'You do have a copy, it's here'.

The assistant said to me'That copy is reserved for a customer'. I replied not I felt unreasonably 'Then why is it on the shelf?'. I was obviously irritating the assistant as he snapped (and there is no other way to describe it) back at me, 'Because I have not taken it off the shelf yet, and please don't interrupt me again'.

Now just because you put please in a statement, it does not make it polite. I was trying to help and the attitude I got back was the rudest I have ever received in a shop anywhere in the world. I immediately put back the games I was about to buy and went to Orcs Nest and spent my money there. I will be shopping either at Orcs Nest or online for the foreseeable future.

Yours sincerely

John Bandettini
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
this seems like a strange place to relate this story... the store's owner most likely won't find this post... and from what you describe the rudeness you encountered was from an employee not the owner. I'd suggest calling the store and asking for the owner....

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog/ContactUs.html

JohnBandettini wrote:

Yours sincerely

John Bandettini
I take it you didn't read the opening sentence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
Not necessary. We know where Leisure Games is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Mease
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree he was rude, but he doesn't come to your work and tell you how to do your job, so...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
15 Keys
United States
Living in the Delco
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:
this seems like a strange place to relate this story...

I agree, it does seems strange that they are discussing a retailer within the Discussing Retailers message board. Very strange indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
fifteenkeys wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
this seems like a strange place to relate this story...

I agree, it does seems strange that they are discussing a retailer within the Discussing Retailers message board. Very strange indeed.

Maybe JeffyJeff will show up and point them in the right direction. Oh, wait...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Lister
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John, sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Leisure. Having worked there many years ago, and know the owner and some of the staff I assume someone just had an off day- these guys and girls are normally excellent at customer service. We can all have a bad day (and I know I have them). It's a shame that this has driven you away from Londons top shop and I hope Mike will get in contact and you can resume shopping at the wall of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good 'ol JeffyJeff, coming in to police things and people that don't want or need his policing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Rietveld
United States
Zeeland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chundar wrote:
Good 'ol JeffyJeff, coming in to police things and people that don't want or need his policing.

This seems like a strange post to rely your thoughts on this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.