Subject: Drinking Health Potion Question. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nate Bishop

Huntersville
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So drinking a health potion gets you some of your played cards back to your hand and then it is lost. Does anyone know if the health potion comes back when you retrieve the rest of your lost cards at the end of a scenario? Or would you have to spend gold and buy it again from the shop in Gloomhaven (ie one time use only)?

I could see it going either way, but as something that is typically a consumable I was curious.

Thx.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All potions work the same way. They refresh automatically at the end of each scenario. They are one use only during a scenario.

And the healing potion restores health, the stamina one restores discarded cards and right now, that is our favourite one by far.

Imagine, the potion bottles are magical, an hour after their contents are emptied, they refill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I believe the Health potion recovers HP not cards that were discarded. I also believe that the discard symbol is on the potion which means you would flip it over when used. Items aren't the same as Ability Cards ant aren't sent to your discard pile. Its pretty much a one-time use per scenario.

Edit: I'm too slow. What Paul said
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Bishop

Huntersville
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Perfect explanation Paul. Thank you so much! Glad to hear you're still enjoying it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or think of it as a recipe that needs to be concocted between scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chang chang

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never eager so much for a KS game... I want this! I want this!
I tried no reading much about the game, except the basic mechanics of gameplay, so that I had everything as when you put a videogame in and start finding all this nice things... and now I don't have willpower anymore, I`m reading and clicking on everything

cry

lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pearson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Chang,

I know how you feel... I broke down and printed the pnp files, full color and sleeved the cards... I even created custom sized sleeves for the damage modifier deck (if you call melting the open end of a regular sleeve closed and cutting it in half custom). But finally I got a taste of the game (lost) solo playing brute and spell weaver. And to keep this post on topic, The spellweaver drank the healing potion but even that couldn't save her when she charged in headlong to the second room with 2 cards and no support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.