17 Posts

7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Neptune's ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tommy Lee
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Can I discard the 10 military token myside even if I still have 2 or 5 Military token?
Also can I apply the opponent's 10 military token herside even if she still has 2 or 5 Military token?

If I can choose 10 military token directly,why should I choose 2 or 5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Chaput
France
Veneux les sablons
flag msg tools
mb
You have a 10 military token???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
What is a "10 military token"? The military tokens are (in order from closest to farthest from you)

• you lose 5 coins,

• you lose 2 coins,

• your opponent loses 2 coins,

• your opponent loses 5 coins.

When you activate Neptune, you choose any one of those (that are still on the board) to discard without action and any one still on the board to discard and perform its action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Chaput
France
Veneux les sablons
flag msg tools
mb
So quite often, you make your oppoent loose 5 coins, and you remove your own 5 coins token
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azyd wrote:
... and any one still on the board to discard and perform its action.

I'm not sure this bit is correct. You discard one and apply the other - you don't discard the one you applied.

Also note that you can apply one of yours to your opponent, so you might sometimes be better off discarding your 2 and applying your 5.

Not sure what should happen if there's only one token remaining. Can you choose not to discard, and to apply, or must the discard happen first, leaving nothing to apply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gerig
United States
Upland
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaps357 wrote:
So quite often, you make your oppoent loose 5 coins, and you remove your own 5 coins token

Or, if you're doing well in military, you remove your own 2 coin token, and apply your own 5 coin token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
azyd wrote:

I'm not sure this bit is correct.

It is. From the rulebook (bold added):

RULEBOOK wrote:
Neptune
Choose and discard a Military token without applying its effect. Then choose and apply the effect of another Military token (which is then discarded).
Example: Elodie activates Neptune’s power, she discards the Military token which could make her lose 5 coins. Then she applies the Military token which makes Jack lose 5 coins. The token is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you want to apply the effect of any military token on your side? Any token on your side will affect you, not your opponent. Is there anything in the rulebook to indicate otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azyd wrote:
MercifulBiscuit wrote:
azyd wrote:

I'm not sure this bit is correct.

It is.

Aha - thanks for finding that. I didn't find it in my game last night, and we played the other way. We'll know for next time.

Evil_X wrote:
Why would you want to apply the effect of any military token on your side? Any token on your side will affect you, not your opponent. Is there anything in the rulebook to indicate otherwise?

Yes, I believe there's an example of doing this in the FAQ on the last page of the rule book. If not there, then it is given as an example in the rule book elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MercifulBiscuit wrote:

Evil_X wrote:

Yes, I believe there's an example of doing this in the FAQ on the last page of the rule book. If not there, then it is given as an example in the rule book elsewhere.

Found it! It's in the middle of FAQ, but that answer makes me wonder if they understood the question. First they answer yes, but then they continue to expand and tells us that Neptune can take any two tokens. Why? It's just a really weird answer to a simple yes or no question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Z
msg tools
Evil_X wrote:
that answer makes me wonder if they understood the question.

The question itself is weird, yes. It says, "Q: With Neptune, can a player choose a military token from his side of the board to have his opponent lose coins?", but tokens on a player's side make that player (not their opponent) lose coins. The answer "A: Yes, Neptune allow you to take any two military tokens" is good.

----------------------------

Evil_X wrote:
Why would you want to apply the effect of any military token on your side?

The only reasons I can think of are

1. if you have no money now (in which case the "applied" token doesn't actually do anything bad to you) but expect to get money in the future and don't want to lose it from military then.

2. those are the only tokens left. Then probably you should just not invoke Neptune at all, but maybe you want to change who takes which cards from the card structure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil_X wrote:

Found it! It's in the middle of FAQ, but that answer makes me wonder if they understood the question. First they answer yes, but then they continue to expand and tells us that Neptune can take any two tokens. Why? It's just a really weird answer to a simple yes or no question.

The correct answer is that you do in fact remove two tokens wherever they are on the board. Apply one to whomever you want and don't apply the other one.

This question has already been answered by Bruno himself in this thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1658455/neptune-question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx for the link. That is way more powerful than I thought. devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Chipboard
Argentina
Cordoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody else wonders about the OP's 10 military token???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
livingtool wrote:
Nobody else wonders about the OP's 10 military token???

I just figured it was a Taiwaneese local edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mihir Shah
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when my opponent has no coins lo loose and we activate this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander Idziak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
he simply loses nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.