GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,766 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

The Plot to Assassinate Hitler» Forums » General

Subject: VASSAL module - ready for playtesting rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary Krockover
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I've created a VASSAL module for the game and was hoping to get a few more sets of eyes on it before I upload it to the VASSAL website. Any suggestions, bugs, requests, etc are welcomed. The module is on my dropbox (for now) and can be downloaded from there:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c63gspxrgv40ko1/AABJ74owjparbeKcs...

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Ruiz
Puerto Rico
San Juan
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gary:

I want to thank you and congratulate you on your work on this truly underappreciated game. There is one suggestion I have. In the game, certain units may be recruited by both sides. In the board game version, there are control markers that are placed on or beneath the unit (something thar is not very practical). I think I found a way of using round-shaped control markers, in a way that control of the unit is easy to determine. I borrowed the idea from the use of hit markers in Paul Koenig's Arnhem game, by Victory Point Games. The round markers would be in the color of the SS (black) and the Abwehr (green). The markers would be, of course, round in shape of a size in diameter roughly equal to the sides of the square unit counter. When placed underneath the unit, the edges of the round control markers are visible portruding from the sides of the unit's sides. Since PTAH has no stacking problems (only one unit per hex), this solution would work well with the boardgame version as well as Vassal. Cheers. Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Krockover
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jose,

Download and have a look at the module when you get the chance - you'll find that I have done something very similar....round control markers that are translucent. I can adjust the transparency of those if the consensus is that they are still too opaque (I'm playing Paul (PAVE) in a pbem game and he thinks that they may need to be a bit more transparent).

If those are too clunky however, then the suggestion to have it as a marker that goes beneath the personality counter but sticks out a bit is a good one and I can switch it to that. See what you think of it as is for now though if you get the chance.

And thank you for letting me "cheat" off of your home-made version (which absolutely convinced me to give this one a try after all these years!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.