$30.00
Chris Crawford
msg tools
Question 1:

When attempting to revive, do you have to get all the health back in one attempt? So say that Old Hob needs 8 to revive (I'm guessing because I don't have his card in front of me). When he attempts to revive, if he rolls and gets 4 health back, would he only need 4 for the next turn? Or does he need to get 8 health all at once?

Question 2:

Does the villain player NEED to play two cards every turn, or can he pass?

Alternatively, if the villain is forced to play two cards, is he forced to move his units? Or can he put the card down and essentially just discard his actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
Stone500 wrote:
Question 1:

When attempting to revive, do you have to get all the health back in one attempt? So say that Old Hob needs 8 to revive (I'm guessing because I don't have his card in front of me). When he attempts to revive, if he rolls and gets 4 health back, would he only need 4 for the next turn? Or does he need to get 8 health all at once?

You don't have to, but if you don't get them all back in one shot he gets a KO'd token. You can accumulate health over rounds until he gets back up.

Quote:

Question 2:

Does the villain player NEED to play two cards every turn, or can he pass?

Alternatively, if the villain is forced to play two cards, is he forced to move his units? Or can he put the card down and essentially just discard his actions?

Yes, you have to play them. Remember you don't have to fully activate a card, so if you don't have any models you can legally activate, that is a valid play. So depending on the card, you do essentially discard a card as one of your actions. Remember that you still gain the benefit of the special actions and shells on the card, mainly While Active text. Also you can play a card face down to make a desperation activation, gaining you 1 skateboard, or 1 shuriken, or 1 katana for any model, except a KO'd Leader.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Crawford
msg tools
Ah, that would've made my game a lot easier last night. Thank you very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh workman
msg tools
So, dies this mean that in book 1 old hob can just never choose to activate himself while ko'd, so that he never makes an awaken roll? This would allow him to effectively drag out the game since he had to gain a token to lose

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pooter3001 wrote:
So, dies this mean that in book 1 old hob can just never choose to activate himself while ko'd, so that he never makes an awaken roll? This would allow him to effectively drag out the game since he had to gain a token to lose

Kevin visited this on FB. It's also mentioned in another BGG thread. If a KO'd villain doesn't activate at all in a full round, he gains a KO token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
donnbobhardy wrote:
pooter3001 wrote:

Kevin visited this on FB. It's also mentioned in another BGG thread. If a KO'd villain doesn't activate at all in a full round, he gains a KO token.

Kevin said they never encountered it in play testing. He suspects it's probably because none of their villain testers were that mean and devious. He made the ruling on Facebook. You must activate them by the end of the round, just so you can't drag it out for ever. It needs to be added into the FAQ that was just released yesterday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.