Martin Sjögren
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group is about to enter the 3rd Scenario: Blood Ties within short. My questions is regarding the investigators Equipment at the start of this scenario: do they get to keep any aquired spells, tomes, weapons or other equipent from Scenario #2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they don't. Every investigator only starts with the equipment listed on their chosen character sheets. The scenarios are stand-alone; one does not necessarily follow or precede the other.

As a matter of fact, a lot of the scenarios uses the same items as other scenarios. You would probably not be able to seed the map if you took various items for yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you start each game "fresh". There is no "campaign" setting for MoM2.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Todesco
United States
Chicago Suburbs
Illinois
flag msg tools
Read it again, carefully...
badge
Hey! I bought OverText! I'm cooler than you!
mbmbmbmbmb
also, the game tracks what it's already given you during a game... so if you start with equipment that it doesn't know about, it might try to give you something you already have.

I suppose that's not game breaking if that's the way you want to play... just know that future scenarios may be incredibly easy because you may have started with an important item (or a weapon) you weren't supposed to have off the bat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Desco wrote:
also, the game tracks what it's already given you during a game... so if you start with equipment that it doesn't know about, it might try to give you something you already have.

How would the game "track" anything? This is not the second edition or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Hawthorne
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Starwollf wrote:
My gaming group is about to enter the 3rd Scenario: Blood Ties within short. My questions is regarding the investigators Equipment at the start of this scenario: do they get to keep any aquired spells, tomes, weapons or other equipent from Scenario #2?

You could certainly set aside the items they want to keep and let them start with them, if you want to. But I'd suggest adjusting the loot tiles on the new map accordingly; for each item you keep, one loot pile gets one less item card.

I would especially do this for unique items like spellbooks or arcane items.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Along with this line of thought, what would you consider a fair balancing compensation to the Keeper if Investigators were allowed both character specific starting items/spells ? One extra threat per turn and +1 to each enemies health?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.