Subject: Re-boxing issues rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mycroft Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
What happens in Denmark stays in Denmark.
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, got all the stuff out of the two large boxes.

Got all the stuff punched out, unwrapped, etc.

My Tetris skills are weak, and there is no way to get all the components back inside once its ready to play.

Anyone have solutions to re-boxing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mycroft Stout wrote:
OK, got all the stuff out of the two large boxes.

Got all the stuff punched out, unwrapped, etc.

My Tetris skills are weak, and there is no way to get all the components back inside once its ready to play.

Anyone have solutions to re-boxing?

This is covered in several other threads. Do a subject-only search for "storage" and (separate search) "box" and you'll find several lengthy discussions and some photos. At least one person has reported success (just barely) with repackaging in the original box, except that the box doesn't close all the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Ruiz
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I'm in the same boat. I punched the Overlord tiles and split into different baggies thematically since I hate dealing with the big punchboards for any more time than I have to. I can fit all of the King Pledge minus the figures (boards, cards, tiles, dice, etc) into one of the boxes.

The miniatures in their trays don't all fit into the second box, but the two brown containers hold them fine so you could have one box plus the two brown containers? I'm toying with either doing that or just sticking half of them on my figure display shelf (which normally only has painted minis) and storing the rest in the second big box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Threw out all the plastic vacuum formed minis trays, piled 'em all into one box. (and I'm gonna paint 'em too!)

Easy as pie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
As said above, Zombicide had the same issue : the plastic trays for minis take way too much space. Sort the minis by theme, and use plastic bags (ziploc style). I may even put the unit tiles with the minis in the same bag, for speed of setting up. One box for components, one box for minis...and hoping it'll work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
Sybaris wrote:
As said above, Zombicide had the same issue : the plastic trays for minis take way too much space. Sort the minis by theme, and use plastic bags (ziploc style). I may even put the unit tiles with the minis in the same bag, for speed of setting up. One box for components, one box for minis...and hoping it'll work.

OK. I concede that I might use plastic baggies or some such thing to sort and organize the ~200 figures in the game...

Maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattprice wrote:
Sybaris wrote:

OK. I conceded that I might use plastic baggies or some such thing to sort and organize the ~200 figures in the game...

Maybe.

If you're not going to paint, and are not fixated on re-using the original boxes, see thread 1653163 for one solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How odd. Everything fit nicely for me. I did discard the insert that the cards came in and used that space to store the River Tiles and cards (sideways). The tokens are in baggies on top of the minis boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.