Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just watched The Dice Tower's Board Game Breakfast and in the kickstarter segment (Suzzanne) was the game Tiny Epic Quest with Item Meeples, they have holes on them so they can hold items like shields, swords and other stuff. She said the "toy factor" is high.

Toy Factor? What other games have a high "Toy Factor"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eery Petrol
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically everything designed by Horrible Games; Dungeon Fighter, Raise Your Goblets, Potion Explosion...

While not all game concepts lend themselves to it, having a very tactile experience in your game is a fantastic accomplishment.

Oh, and a sneaky shout-out to Junk Art.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chimera Station has a similar toy feel to it. Another recent KS, where you can change the look of the workers which changes their use in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Toy Factor? What other games have a high "Toy Factor"?

For me, anything with lots of miniatures. In fact, I think these meeples are just silly. If you are going through the trouble of making molded plastic weapons and items, just give me the whole damn miniatures!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cornixt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those meeples are a combination of a near featureless item that could represent any player, combined with dressing up little dolls.

I guess any game with shaped meeples that you move around could be considered to have a high toy factor. Don't play with anyone who looks down on those who make the sound effects of a screeching car in Formula D or the hopping bunnies in Dixit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Harpring
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Colt Express, and I love the game for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.