Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game sounds interesting... and from the coverage I've seen it sounds like something I might be interested in - but "player elimination" is listed as one of the mechanics, which is a little off-putting. Does anyone know more about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Canetta
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you are talking about the bankruptcy (page 12 of the rulebook). That's a rule covering a case that shouldn't happen. However, an extremely low probability doesn't mean that a bankruptcy never happens.

Before bankruptcy, there are other ways to get additional money and to come back into the game (see mortgage on trucks, same page).

I think that "player elimination" is a very marginal feature of the game. This is not Risk! or a game where you win if you are the last surviving. Here you can't put anybody out of the game, even if the interaction is strong.

Hope I've clarified this aspect.

Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Paterson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Capo Oro wrote:
Here you can't put anybody out of the game, even if the interaction is strong.

Hope I've clarified this aspect.

Thanks Marco. I wasn't sure what the player elimination was, exactly, so you've helped clarify that for me. I'll wait for an English version of the rules to get posted and read through them further, but it sounds like it's probably nothing to be afraid of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.