Subject: Two-player Epic Munchkin! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Swensen
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
mb
My girlfriend and I, doing without our standard Saturday-night gaming group, decided to play a couple rounds of Munchkin. The first round went easily enough, with both of us helping each other until we got to the higher levels (we find it aids domestic harmony not to kill each other at level 1 or 2).

I thought I had her dead to rights, but she surprised me at almost every turn. With both of us getting to level 9, I drew an easy monster and used the Bard ability to force her to help me, thinking it would make for an easy win. We rolled the dice, and she pulled Loaded Die to try to beat me -- unfortunately, I also rolled a 6, which meant a tie, and she was forced to aid me in the final battle, winning me the game.

We went for another round, this time deciding to play with Epic rules. Things soon got wonderfully overpowered for both of us, as I was a Dwarf-Orc Wizard-Warrior with a talking steed and a dwarf henchman, carrying a two-handed Chainsaw of Dismemberment with one hand, and I don't even remember what else. My girlfriend was equally as loaded, but in a different way -- she had three (three!) henchmen, thanks to drawing every Cheat! card in the deck. I don't know how she does it. Every game she's a dual-race Super Munchkin with Cheats! up the wazoo.

It was a close game, but I won again, mostly due to blind luck. I kept drawing easy monsters, and she couldn't draw any monsters to save her life, and thus just couldn't level quite as fast. Epic Munchkin is a great variant, and we both had a lot of laughs. I can't wait to try it with a bigger set of players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Lincoln
NE: NEBRASKA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ticopelp wrote:
The first round went easily enough, with both of us helping each other until we got to the higher levels (we find it aids domestic harmony not to kill each other at level 1 or 2).

Hahaha, I totally know what you mean there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls