Subject: Armor Kit Bundle, what is it for? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ngoc Hai Pham
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I have the core game and all the expansions minus the Green Knight Armor.
Is there any point buying the Armor Kit Bundle, does it add any game play? I don't want to participate in the painting contest.
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Adds nothing to game play except for more bling. If you don't care about minis, it's not for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Awaited King
msg tools
mbmbmb
It's just a copy of all the sprues with armours that you already have from the base game and expansions. It serves the purpose of making more minis with different equipment loadouts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ngoc Hai Pham
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Thanks guys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
It's also missing the minis from Dung Beetle expansion. Kind of wish the kit included every armour kit, including green armour. Which I have, but it's such impresive looking armour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Koch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Armor Kit Bundle can be useful, if you want to use all weapons which are delivered with the sets and the game. It is quite difficult to represent every piece of equipment when you build the models. Another use is to mix different pieces of Armor Sets to create some cool new survivors. And as I recall it was huge fun to build the survivors.
Well, nothing of this is really adding something to the game, so actually you won't need the Armor Kit Bundle, if you're not into any of the choices above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArtSchool
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Frucht wrote:
The Armor Kit Bundle can be useful, if you want to use all weapons which are delivered with the sets and the game. It is quite difficult to represent every piece of equipment when you build the models. Another use is to mix different pieces of Armor Sets to create some cool new survivors. And as I recall it was huge fun to build the survivors.
Well, nothing of this is really adding something to the game, so actually you won't need the Armor Kit Bundle, if you're not into any of the choices above.

This. I am really on the fence too because i would love to have more custom survivor minis to play with. The downer is the fact that they only deliver from the US, and shipping + customs is too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought it as a backup if I lose or damage any of the components. I'll probably offer up what I don't use to people who might have lost or broken parts of their survivors. I have carpets in my house and have lost a few hands to the vacuum cleaner.

I've also used some of the extra components for converting the models. I added hands popping out of the screaming antelope, for example. So much extra stuff, might as well use it to make the whole thing more bad ass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Koch
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Shu1984 wrote:
Frucht wrote:

This. I am really on the fence too because i would love to have more custom survivor minis to play with. The downer is the fact that they only deliver from the US, and shipping + customs is too much.

125 USD + shipping + customs is surely a lot of money for those additional survivors, not to forget that you'll need 35 extra bases, if you want to build all, but chances are big that you'll never get them at this price again. Consider how much a single armor kit on ebay costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoenix Butthole Hands
United States
Mercer Island
Wa
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frucht wrote:
Shu1984 wrote:
Frucht wrote:

125 USD + shipping + customs is surely a lot of money for those additional survivors, not to forget that you'll need 35 extra bases, if you want to build all, but chances are big that you'll never get them at this price again. Consider how much a single armor kit on ebay costs.

Yeah, I'm sure its rough getting some of the KD stuff internationally. Some is only shipped from their headquarters. Given that there are about 1000 extra armor kits in the wild, I bet some friendly and generous folks will be happy to give away their unused sprues to those in need. I'll be doing that at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.