Subject: Contact channels not responding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone knows which would be the best way to contact GMT? I have an unanswered mail (to sales@gmtgames.com) from September 27 and more recently I left an offline message in their website chat but got no response as well.

Particularly, I have an order which has not shipped yet and I don't know if they need any other info before sending it to me (it is a pre-order).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

They've been in the middle of a big physical transition for the company, location and method of doing business. I'd reach out by telephone or reforward the email to them again in case it got lost in the shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lbleicher wrote:
Does anyone knows which would be the best way to contact GMT? I have an unanswered mail (to sales@gmtgames.com) from September 27 and more recently I left an offline message in their website chat but got no response as well.

Particularly, I have an order which has not shipped yet and I don't know if they need any other info before sending it to me (it is a pre-order).
Live chat is the best way. Only had to use it twice and both times the problem was resolved very quickly and before the chat ended.

If local time is too far off to make that possible I'm not sure what the best way is. From what I've heard they will get back to you eventually via email and at this point I'd at least try to send a follow up to the first one.

GMT is known for not updating the status of your P500 orders though. So far every P500 game I've gotten has arrived without tracking info and last time I checked one still hadn't updated the status past "shipping" even ~6 months after I had the game in hand
Obviously that isn't ideal, but your game may very well be on the way (not sure how long shipping to your location would take or if you are already waiting too long for that possibility)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

GMT is known for not updating the status of your P500 orders though. So far every P500 game I've gotten has arrived without tracking info and last time I checked one still hadn't updated the status past "shipping" even ~6 months after I had the game in hand
Obviously that isn't ideal, but your game may very well be on the way (not sure how long shipping to your location would take or if you are already waiting too long for that possibility)

Hum, that's terrible When importing in Brazil, being without the tracking info is definitely the situation you *don't want* to be in (usually it involves going to the mail office to pay for the taxes before they can hand the package, but if it takes too much time they simply send it back). I'll try contacting them again, then...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Seely
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
Winner of the C. Montgomery Burns Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
lbleicher wrote:

Live chat is the best way. Only had to use it twice and both times the problem was resolved very quickly and before the chat ended.

If local time is too far off to make that possible I'm not sure what the best way is. From what I've heard they will get back to you eventually via email and at this point I'd at least try to send a follow up to the first one.

I always used their live chat as well, but it's been down for several weeks. I'm not sure if it has to do with their system upgrades or not. I left a message via the offline live chat, and it took about a week for them to respond.

At this point, calling them would be the fastest way to get a response to any question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xesqui BCN
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lbleicher wrote:

livechat!
usded three times without a problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The livechat was online by this afternoon! Turns out they had send me the game alraedy last week, but they will need to go through their stuff to find the tracking info and send it to me by mail. Thanks, everybody!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.