Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you start the game with any activation tokens and astarium, or all of those earned? The rules for setup (which are confusing) don't say that you get anything at the start of the game, even though they reference what those components are.
As a followup, are you supposed to start a solo game with any activation tokens or astarium. The rules for solo mode say "You will also need one blue and one yellow Activation Token, and 5 Astartium Tokens." The use of the word "need" (I think) is not synonymous with "receive" or "start with" (and would normally imply that there is a pool consisting of only those tokens to upgrade and receive later). (But it would be strange to have a rule about that, so I only started thinking that there is a starting bonus of tokens in the multiplayer after having read the solo rules.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Julius,

It sounds like you don't have the latest version of the rulebook. From the new rulebook, it's very clear on page 2 that each player starts the game with 3 Astartium and 1 Activation Token. (Plus also 20 Armada Cards: 6 Common & 4 Special Units, and 6 Common & 4 Special Power-Ups).

Though come to think about it, I think the old rulebook had that listed on page 2 as well. Anyway, the new rulebook on page 2, also instructs the player to place the Jumpgate and Dawn sectors on the board adjacent to each other, and that players start on the Jumpgate.

And regarding the Solo Rules, I would replace the standard setup instructions with those in the solo rules. So the solo rules say you "will need one blue and one yellow Activation Token, and 5 Astartium Tokens", that's exactly what I would start the game with and nothing more/different.

Also, I wouldn't get hung-up about the use of, "need" in this case. They're only saying that you need these items to start the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see it. I had been looking at the online rulebook and did not see that list on the bottom of page 2 when I was setting up. I was looking at the components list as it was introducing each of the components. It would help if the rules could be text searched, but thanks for pointing out where that rule is.
Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook is laid out pretty poorly, but I think that most of the problems were finally addressed and should be covered in the most recent one somewhere.

I agree that it would be nice if the document could be searched (or at least had an index)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.