Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time last night, solo. Not the best score - 48.

Pretty simple game, but one thing that was vague to me: I had a city card that was "convert 1 camel to 1 vp". When I place a die on the city card, do I convert exactly 1 camel to 1 vp, or can I convert N camels (if I have them) to N vps?

And does this answer apply to all other conversion scenarios (e.g. contracts, other things I might be forgetting...)

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See the reference guide for clarification on city actions. You convert "N" camels to "N" VPs, where the maximum "N" is the dice you put on the spot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You convert up to as many times as the die ... so if you put a "5" die on it, you can do each conversion up to 5 times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify what has been said above:

It does NOT mean that if you place a "5" die on the space you trade in one camel for 5 points.

It DOES mean that if you place a "5" die on the space you could trade in UP TO 5 camels for one point each. So you could, for example, trade in 3 camels for a total of 3 points.

However, if you place a "3" die on the space, you could NOT trade 5 camels for 5 points. You could only trade in up to 3 camels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Mazzone
United States
Maspeth
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Its a rule alot of people misinterpret. When placing a conversion die on a card like that, remember that you cannot convert what you dont have. So if a tile is letting you convert X into Y and you only own 3 of X, then even if you place a 4, 5, or 6 in that space, you'd only be allowed to do it up to 3 since that is what you own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Long
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, thanks for clearing that up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
But not all of the city cards work that way, right?

Like the one city card where you place a die on it showing pips 1 - 5 and receive 1 gold bar or place a die showing 6 pips and receive 2 gold bars.

In those cases you only do the action once or am I missing something here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemyslaw Kozlowski
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
killerjoe1962 wrote:
But not all of the city cards work that way, right?

Like the one city card where you place a die on it showing pips 1 - 5 and receive 1 gold bar or place a die showing 6 pips and receive 2 gold bars.

In those cases you only do the action once or am I missing something here?

You are correct. The second type of city cards only give you the reward once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.