Popular Tags: [View All]
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear all,
I've uploaded version 3.3 of the module in the VASSAL website.

This version includes:

- solitaire mode: access to both hands of cards without need of retiring and joining a new side. Simply select the option "solitaire" when the scenario is firstly loaded.

- unique attack/target marker: when a new target unit is selected with CTRL-T, the previous target is automatically de-selected; when a new attacker is selected with CTRL-A, the previous attacker is automatically marked with a no-battle icon.

- masking (flipping) of cards denied to observers and restricted to the sole players

- removed orphaned saved games from the module

WARNING: extensions for version 3.2 are still compatible with version 3.3 BUT only scenarios created with the new version will enjoy the "unique attack/target marker" feature (like the ones included in the module).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K A
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea Solo mode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The new CTRL A/T function is greatly appreciated. But without working for the majority of the scens, I don't think this will see much use. What do we need to do to get your new functionality into all those scens from the expansions?

g1ul10 wrote:
Dear all,
I've uploaded version 3.3 of the module in the VASSAL website.

This version includes:

- solitaire mode: access to both hands of cards without need of retiring and joining a new side. Simply select the option "solitaire" when the scenario is firstly loaded.

- unique attack/target marker: when a new target unit is selected with CTRL-T, the previous target is automatically de-selected; when a new attacker is selected with CTRL-A, the previous attacker is automatically marked with a no-battle icon.

- masking (flipping) of cards denied to observers and restricted to the sole players

- removed orphaned saved games from the module

WARNING: extensions for version 3.2 are still compatible with version 3.3 BUT only scenarios created with the new version will enjoy the "unique attack/target marker" feature (like the ones included in the module).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question Grant, and the answer could be just "patience". I'm in touch with the guys working on vassal and it seems that a bug-fixing version will be released soon. This version should include the possibility to update the units in a game saved with a previous version of the module AND extensions. Presently, this feature does not work with extensions. Until then, I'm sorry but the only possible procedure is to load the saved game and manually replace the units with the new version, picking them from the unit menu. (tech jargon: units inherit their properties when the game is saved, NOT when the game is loaded)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Linneberg
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem just checking. I tried loading a PBEM game with the new version, but the counter images didn't load. So I think it's going to be a balancing act for when to upgrade as I have 4 regular PBEM opponents. I tried having both your new version and the previous version available in vassal, but when you try open a file saved with the old version, vassal opens it in the new version. The workaround is to open the module and then load the vlog, but that's a drag as I generally just open the file directly from an email attachment or from dropbox.

Small price for an improvement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone been having any problems with the new version? I have two PBEM games using scenarios from the base game and both had some glitches such as cards not showing up, units taking hit at random, units not moving on the board...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the report. As a general advice, I would suggest to conclude PBEM games with the same version you started them, especially if extensions are used. Said that, the glitches you report are unexpected. Cards have not been modified and taking hits at random seems a very strange behaviour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both games were actually started with both players using the same version of Vassal and of the module. Not sure why. We needed to abandon one of the games as problems started to pile up. The problems in the second game have just started - will see how it goes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
g1ul10 wrote:

That does not seem to work in observer mode. No other issues spotted so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Michal,
observer mode should not be different from player mode in this respect. What makes a difference is that the scenario should use the units from the new module. So if you load a scenario from a previous extension, this feature is not automatically enabled. Try a scenario in the base module, like Battle of Akragas, and it should work also in observer mode. If it does not, let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear all,
as a little Christmas present to the community, I updated all the scenarios in expansions 1,2,3,4 and 6 to use the automatic attack/target replacement mode. You can find the new extensions just below ver. 3.3 of the module in the VASSAL page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My best-rated game: Tetrarchia, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
badge
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great Giulio!

A maybe silly question. I was using C&CAncientsv3.vmod and in the same folder I had the extension files inside a folder named C&CAncientsv3_ext.

If now I use this new C&CAncientsv3.3.vmod, do I need to rename the extension folder to C&CAncientsv3.3_ext?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The name of the extension folder should match the name of the module. When you add the first extension, however, the folder will be automatically created for you.

Let me also remind that all previous, not updated, extensions are still compatible with version 3.3. They simply lack the new features.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.