$15.00
$5.00
$20.00
$30.00
Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Schotten Totten» Forums » Rules

Subject: Claiming a stone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Play a game with a lonely gamer! You will make him much richer than Robin Hood would..
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! I have 3 questions after my first play!

1)Stupid question. we are playing without the tactics cards. I have 3 cards on a stone (color-run) and my opponent 2 cards (let's say a 3 and a 7) there is no way he can beat me. Can I claim this tile?

2)We are playing with tactics. If both have 3 cards on a tile do we have to wait until every possible tactic card that could change things on this tile (for example mud-fight or blind man's bluff) is played? Or does someone claim it immediately?

3)Same as number 2 but I have 3 cards and my opponent 2. Do I have to wait until tactic cards that could change things are played? Or do I claim it based on clan cards only?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Wiese
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
mb
Gostir wrote:
Hello! I have 3 questions after my first play!

1)Stupid question. we are playing without the tactics cards. I have 3 cards on a stone (color-run) and my opponent 2 cards (let's say a 3 and a 7) there is no way he can beat me. Can I claim this tile?


Yes. The rules specifically say that if you can prove, using cards already face-up on the board, that your 3-card set is unbeatable then you can claim the stone. In your example, the color-run would beat anything your opponent would play anyway so you'd get the stone.

Gostir wrote:
2)We are playing with tactics. If both have 3 cards on a tile do we have to wait until every possible tactic card that could change things on this tile (for example mud-fight or blind man's bluff) is played? Or does someone claim it immediately?


After playing down a card (but before drawing) you can claim stones. Tactic cards that alter the rules can only be played on unclaimed stones so even if there's a tactic card that could change the situation (like Blind Man's Bluff) as long as you meet the 3-cards-played-on-both-sides requirement then you're good!

Gostir wrote:
3)Same as number 2 but I have 3 cards and my opponent 2. Do I have to wait until tactic cards that could change things are played? Or do I claim it based on clan cards only?


To be honest I'm less sure on this and the rulebook is not clear. It does say "no matter which card he plays next" so I personally would factor in possible tactic cards. I'm happy to be proven wrong though.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Play a game with a lonely gamer! You will make him much richer than Robin Hood would..
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Black Bart
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW in Battle Line your question 3 is answered as follows:

Battle Line rulebook wrote:
[...] the claiming player must prove that the opponent will not be able to create a winning formation, regardless of what Troop cards the opponent might play. [...] Unplayed Tactics cannot prevent a Flag claim.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
Play a game with a lonely gamer! You will make him much richer than Robin Hood would..
mbmbmbmbmb
urbanus wrote:
FWIW in Battle Line your question 3 is answered as follows:

Battle Line rulebook wrote:
[...] the claiming player must prove that the opponent will not be able to create a winning formation, regardless of what Troop cards the opponent might play. [...] Unplayed Tactics cannot prevent a Flag claim.


Thank you!!Yes I saw it in the faq but was wondering if they changed it. Trying to prove that you win a stone even if all tactics are played is little weird. Also no stone could be claimed for the whole game until the last tactics are played. So we will play it like battle line suggests!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lewisville
TX
flag msg tools
Yeah, the only feasible way to play this is to pretend that future Tactics cards aren't relevant. Troop cards not in play may prevent you from claiming a stone, however.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.