Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
True it is only 2 - 4 but if you are backing the KS there should be enough to play more people. It looks like the limiting factor is recruitment points and space. So if you're ok with just having a god, a monster or hero and a few troops it would work. You'd probably need 2 boards, maybe three.

That being said, I doubt there will be official rules.

It feels like there will be some customization with the game, so you could do something like a party of heroes vs a god and some monsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there enough in the base game to run two similatanous games 1 v 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I don't think so, but maybe. Probably if you played a 10 pt game instead of the normal 12 pt 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shiro
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
They said it is possible to play with six players. They suggested doing two teams of three so the downtime wouldn't be as boring. Also that it would be a quicker game.Rules wise it works fine though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Clapperton
United Kingdom
Hebburn
Tyne & Wear
flag msg tools
mbmb
Leo has also said that the games design is robust enough that you could put two boards together and play larger battles. That may help with doing larger games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Johnson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
redben wrote:
Leo has also said that the games design is robust enough that you could put two boards together and play larger battles. That may help with doing larger games.

Sounds like they need to make a 3x6 neoprene map as a stretch goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rnickster86 wrote:
Is there enough in the base game to run two similatanous games 1 v 1?

If i have correct memories about character values from the showcase games i played (10ish) - and provided said values didn't change - the base game has 36 points worth RP.

In a 1v1 game, each player drafts 12 points worth of units, so unless you include SG and / or twaek draft values, you couldn't hold two simultaneaus "as intended to be" 1v1 games.
But you could, for example, play 2 "9 points" games.

Or, and that is an actual game mode, play a 2v2 game (8 points / player) - though i know that's not what you meant with your question.

Which is fine, considering the game is obviously meant to hold ONE game at a time. So it's hard to hold that against Mythic Games.

Now, if you add SG to that base (& Apollo), it's WAAAAAAAAY more than doable, not even counting what will be unlocked later in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, just adds another option. Additional dice I think will be required though! and potentially the plastic trackers for the unit boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanee
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With stretch goals added in, you should have plenty stuff for two simultaneous games (probably even three; four with add-ons).

You will even have quite some choice in gods there (seven choices at the moment, which includes Atlas, without add-ons; eight with add-ons -- and there will be quite a few more, at least three more are a given, probably four (Hera, Aphrodite, Poseidon, and probably Artemis)).

Dice should not really be a huge problem (just use regular dice... 6 = blank). And they will surely have extra dice as an add-on, if you want the official ones.

And yeah, some of those plastic tracker add-ons would be useful for that.

Bye
Thanee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hild Thegreat
France
flag msg tools
As said Barliman / Nick and Thanee. I also intend to play the game with more than 4 players, and as the designer I met told me, amount of mini will be faire enough thank to the KS to hold two game on two different maps.
Regarding me, I'll hold two separate game on two different map and of course I will buy more dice, plastic trackers and hope that the token provided will be enough for two tables (think also that you'll have the cardboard and plastic scenery). Anyway, appart from the minis, this game doesn't seems to require that much material, most of the mechanics relying on the minis/Dashboard/card/dices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.