Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other night, my partner got up in the morning to find Sleepers lying outside her bedroom door, apparently having been left there by one or more of the cats.

Several pairs of tiny holes in the bag and instruction sheet confirmed this theory. Either it took several tries to pick up in the first place, or the move happened in several stages. In either case, the cat(s) extracted it from a bag full of games and carried it up a flight of stairs.

Sadly, due to feline skill at operational secrecy, there's no picture of a cat posing with the game in its mouth or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this couldn't have happened were the game not lightweight AND compact AND in such flexible packaging, all much more so than other board games. So basically nestorgames are ideal for cats.

(Except for playing them. Probably?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
The other night, my partner got up in the morning to find Sleepers lying outside her bedroom door, apparently having been left there by one or more of the cats.

Several pairs of tiny holes in the bag and instruction sheet confirmed this theory. Either it took several tries to pick up in the first place, or the move happened in several stages. In either case, the cat(s) extracted it from a bag full of games and carried it up a flight of stairs.

Sadly, due to feline skill at operational secrecy, there's no picture of a cat posing with the game in its mouth or anything like that.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure this couldn't have happened were the game not lightweight AND compact AND in such flexible packaging, all much more so than other board games. So basically nestorgames are ideal for cats.

(Except for playing them. Probably?)

Let me know if you need replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Tavener
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
The overtext below is true.
badge
The overtext above is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nestor, we need a new advertising campaign:

Sleepers: 9 out of 10 owners said their cats preferred it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New information:

Apparently at some point in the past the cats carried a tablecloth halfway up the stairs, so I guess actually large objects are okay.

Also, it turns out the Sleepers thing happened twice in a row. My partner put it back into the game bag the first morning, and the cats left it outside the door again the next morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:
Also, it turns out the Sleepers thing happened twice in a row. My partner put it back into the game bag the first morning, and the cats left it outside the door again the next morning.

A game with lots of replayability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grasa_total wrote:

I.e. the cats took Sleepers to the sleepers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.