Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I love that they've released a two-player starter set, and want it now! That said, what else do I need? I see that there are no Plot Cards included for instance. So, what would you pick up in addition to Kick Off?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drunken Boxer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going under the assumption you haven't played Guild Ball yet, so apologies if that's a misconception.

Here's the great thing about this starter set- you don't need to get anything else, at least at the start! It comes with two full 6-man teams, and all the dice, tokens and templates for two players...all things you would have had to purchase separately.

Yes, there are no plot cards, but that may be because they are cutting them in season 3(we don't know yet). But if they are having them, you can always either pick up the Season 2 plot cards, or like me, just print them out from the website.

You could also buy additional models for the two teams that are included, but I would personally hold off on that until you see which of the two you prefer playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if they'll be bringing the rest of the models over to Season3 in plastic and more affordable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
DrunkenBoxer wrote:
I'm going under the assumption you haven't played Guild Ball yet, so apologies if that's a misconception.
I've only played one demo game at SPIEL, and loved it. I was thinking of ordering extras to save on shipping, before realizing the they don't ship outside the UK. Now I have to find a local store that carries the game instead.

DrunkenBoxer wrote:
Yes, there are no plot cards, but that may be because they are cutting them in season 3(we don't know yet). But if they are having them, you can always either pick up the Season 2 plot cards, or like me, just print them out from the website.
I had no idea that they might drop plot cards altogether. Interesting.

DrunkenBoxer wrote:
You could also buy additional models for the two teams that are included, but I would personally hold off on that until you see which of the two you prefer playing.
Yeah, I would hold off on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
ReqMan wrote:
Does anyone know if they'll be bringing the rest of the models over to Season3 in plastic and more affordable?
I would love to see all the teams in pre-assembled, or one-piece plastic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
ReqMan wrote:
I would love to see all the teams in pre-assembled, or one-piece plastic.

They just announced at their first SteamCon convention that they are moving to one-piece plastic miniatures. The new guild coming out next April (Farmers) will be the first. I believe the current models will be moved over to plastic as well but I do not believe they announced a time frame for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
DrunkenBoxer wrote:

I had no idea that they might drop plot cards altogether. Interesting.

Plot cards for Season 3 are going to happen. They will be available for download on the Steamforged site on 11/28/2016 and for purchase shortly after.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the news Mike.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Kelso
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
My gaming group prefers to play without plot cards. We don't like the unknown aspect of the cards. Guild ball is my most favorite miniatures game and I have played most all of the big named games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dalibor Sepecan
msg tools
badge
mb
So I can buy GB kick off and play with my friend off the box? No additionall content required?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Axford
United Kingdom
Stockport
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dakki6 wrote:
So I can buy GB kick off and play with my friend off the box? No additionall content required?

Yep!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.