$5.00
$20.00
$15.00
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what happens to the connections on the board when I destroy half of a binary star. Does it suddenly become connected to a bunch of new stars (of the size that I just destroyed)?

The Pyramid Arcade rules say: "If this includes the star itself, then ALL ships at that location are destroyed (unless the star was half of a Binary Star, in which case it becomes a single-star, but still a Homeworld.)"

Which makes it sound like it should be treated as single-star for connections.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does it suddenly become connected to a bunch of new stars (of the size that I just destroyed)?

Exactly right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, once half of a binary star is destroyed, it becomes connected to places where it wasn't before.

Not sure what pyramid arcade is, but the rules for binary homeworlds work that way.

Edit: Ninja'd by Avri. ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Not sure what pyramid arcade is.

Pyramid Arcade: Andy Looney's magnum opus . . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E. Strathmeyer
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Thanks for the light speed replies.

If you're a fan of the pyramids, you should check out the Arcade. It's stunning. Definitely the most highly polished product I've seen from them, and just oozing with Looney charm!

One of the games included is "Homeworlds", but doing a little research, it seems to be Binary Homeworlds, since it's a 2-player only version. (Multi-player is mentioned as a variant.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.