Subject: Raiding island sites rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Pearson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I tried searching for this and couldn't find it addressed.

When raiding an island site, I know that I need to remove dice for my enmity tokens or stickers on the island/garrison. My question is do I remove dice for my enmity on other island sites at this island?

The rules don't seem clear to me. The section on creating your dice pool says to remove for enmity on the island but the section on moving enmity suggests that enmity on other sites is just there so that the site can't be raided again?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve w
United States
milwaukee
wi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
until the end when the per site emnity moves down to the garrison, it just sits there preventing anyone else from attacking that same site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ericp23 wrote:
When raiding an island site, I know that I need to remove dice for my enmity tokens or stickers on the island/garrison. My question is do I remove dice for my enmity on other island sites at this island?

Yes. All of your enmity on the island counts against you. The rulebook is really clear:

Remove dice for: ... Each of your enmity tokens and stickers the island has.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Welsher
United States
Bellevue
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mb
Chester Steve wrote:
until the end when the per site emnity moves down to the garrison, it just sits there preventing anyone else from attacking that same site.

This is incorrect. Any enmity tokens you have on the island apply to another raid attempt by you on that island, whether they are on a site or on the garrison. Same for the case of increased costs paid to the island.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Backing up the others who have stated this, all of a player's enmity on the island (both on the garrison and on sites) is counted toward the dice penalty for future raids (as well as purchase prices).

This is also true for province raids; all of the player's enmity (stickers and tokens) counts toward the dice penalty for future raids, regardless of where it was placed. (But only the "at war" enmity tokens count toward offensive bonuses.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kaemmer
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key part is that the rulebook says to count any enmity "within the region." So while the enmity is not on the garrison it is still in the region. Same thing for province raids. Enmity on a field or vault still count against you when raidng the province region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.