Francesco Neri
Italy
Livorno
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
Francesco Neri
mbmbmb
if i use a foreign agent in one of my turn, means i could made two time the Main Phase, thus two Area Action even if in different areas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZeroCool_ITA wrote:
if i use a foreign agent in one of my turn, means i could made two time the Main Phase, thus two Area Action even if in different areas?

Kind of, yes.

When you use your foreign agent, you get to carry out the action of an area. You may not choose the same area as your president though. So it will often be 2 different areas that you activate in a turn when you use a Foreign Agent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
What if I have 3 foreign agents? Do I get to use them separately? (E.g. 3 times in a round)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EzPotato wrote:
What if I have 3 foreign agents? Do I get to use them separately? (E.g. 3 times in a round)

You may only activate 1 Foreign Agent per turn, but you can do it before or after the main action phase.

Note also that each Foreign Agent is a 1-shot, you use it once and then it's face down and cannot be used again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saskia Jansen
Netherlands
Voorhout
flag msg tools
We played Yokohama for the first time tonight, but read in rhe rules that you could activate a foreign agent once per turn. So we used them multiple times. I had read somewhere they were a 1-shot thing, but couldn't find it anymore. But I guess that was correct. I already thought using them each turn (and all of them, one person had 3) was too strong.

However, I have a question. When you use the mercenary, does it go back to supply and can another player get this same agent later on? This is especially interesting when it concerns the Dutch agent, because there is only one. Or is it so that once an agent is gone,h but e is gone, even when he is used?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SaskiaJ wrote:
We played Yokohama for the first time tonight, but read in rhe rules that you could activate a foreign agent once per turn. So we used them multiple times. I had read somewhere they were a 1-shot thing, but couldn't find it anymore. But I guess that was correct. I already thought using them each turn (and all of them, one person had 3) was too strong.

However, I have a question. When you use the mercenary, does it go back to supply and can another player get this same agent later on? This is especially interesting when it concerns the Dutch agent, because there is only one. Or is it so that once an agent is gone,h but e is gone, even when he is used?

You may only use 1 Agent per turn, and each agent is a 1-shot use.

Once used, turn the agent face down -- it can't be used again, but it does not go back to the supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Van Auken
United States
Canton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received my KS. Looks awesome (other than point stickers being too large).

On the subject of Foreign Agents, I am assuming you have to have obtained them via matching cards before you can use them as part of the additional action phase?? i.e. you can't use them from the central supply and then just turn it face down.

The order and way rules are presented on page 8 are not clear on this point.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cva3 wrote:
Just received my KS. Looks awesome (other than point stickers being too large).

On the subject of Foreign Agents, I am assuming you have to have obtained them via matching cards before you can use them as part of the additional action phase?? i.e. you can't use them from the central supply and then just turn it face down.

The order and way rules are presented on page 8 are not clear on this point.

Confirmation would be appreciated.

Yes, you must have earned a foreign agent before you can use it.

Similarly, you cannot spend goods or imports from the general supply either, only ones you have in your own inventory
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I have this right?

Used foreign agents are flipped, do not go back to the supply, and are not worth points at the end of the game.

Only unused agents are worth a point at the end.

Is there some reason I'm missing for 'flip and keep', rather than 'remove from game' or 'return to box'?

Not trying to split hairs, just checking if I'm missing something!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:
Do I have this right?

Used foreign agents are flipped, do not go back to the supply, and are not worth points at the end of the game.

Is there some reason I'm missing for 'flip and keep', rather than 'remove from game' or 'return to box'?

You could return them to the box if you want to. Keeping them helps to audit and make sure you have the correct number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
So they are worthless for sets too if you use them as actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

You don't use foreign agents in sets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Oh. Thanks. I guess I thought all flags were counted, but it's just contracts and tech.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
Cardboardjunkie wrote:

Oh. Thanks. I guess I thought all flags were counted, but it's just contracts and tech.

Yeah, the flags on agents have to do with how you GET the agent, they don't go into sets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
doctoryes0 wrote:
Do I have this right?

You could return them to the box if you want to. Keeping them helps to audit and make sure you have the correct number.

Used foreign agents still count toward the B objective of having 5 combined foreign agents and 5-power tokens, right? You'd need to keep them in front of you if that goal's present.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
runtsta wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
doctoryes0 wrote:
Do I have this right?

Used foreign agents still count toward the B objective of having 5 combined foreign agents and 5-power tokens, right? You'd need to keep them in front of you if that goal's present.

Correct. But if that objective is not in the game, then you could toss them back in the box.

I find it easier just to keep them in front of me anyway, personally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Corrigan
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Ich bin Eier aller Arten
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played your fine game but a bit and I very much enjoy the game, but I must say, and the amount questions that you have had to answer and clarify would confirm, that the rules for foreign agents as presented in the game are incomplete and therefore incoherent. Please develop and post a singular document of clarifications and errata for the rules.
I very much appreciate that game development - play testing, rule editing, blind game reads and plays, is a time consuming arduois process which in the best of situations are fraught with potential for error, so please do not take offense at my request as if it were criticism.
Thank you for a beautiful game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krsnaji wrote:
I have played your fine game but a bit and I very much enjoy the game, but I must say, and the amount questions that you have had to answer and clarify would confirm, that the rules for foreign agents as presented in the game are incomplete and therefore incoherent. Please develop and post a singular document of clarifications and errata for the rules.
I very much appreciate that game development - play testing, rule editing, blind game reads and plays, is a time consuming arduois process which in the best of situations are fraught with potential for error, so please do not take offense at my request as if it were criticism.
Thank you for a beautiful game.

I have made some notes based on questions and feedback to clarify the rules before we reprint.

I think there's a difference between unclear and incoherent, but ideally we'd like neither
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Ho
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a foreign agent activates an area with a Trade Post of another player, will that player get a coin from the bank?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nighthawk326 wrote:
If a foreign agent activates an area with a Trade Post of another player, will that player get a coin from the bank?

Of course! The foreign agent says to "carry out steps 3 - 6" of the main phase of the turn, and in step 3, Area action step, it says that any opponent with a trading house in the area receives 1 yen from the bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.