Popular Tags: [View All]
Judd Vance
United States
WICHITA
Kansas
flag msg tools
Every Man a (K-State) Wildcat!
badge
"Just get that sucka to the designated place at the designated time and I will gladly designate his ass...for dismemberment!" - Sho Nuff.
mbmbmbmbmb
There are two versions of the module out there. One is a no-frills/no automation module.

The other incorporates massive amounts of automation.

The second one is the way to go when you are playing a live game. I use it in my play by e-mail games also. I played an entire game without a hitch. However, in my second game, I did discover something.

DO NOT INTERRUPT THE LOG WITH THE AUTOMATED VERSION.

Here is an example.

My opponent settled Nuoro and used 1 cart instead of two. I e-mailed him and told him he needed a second cart. What you do in this case is start the log over from scratch and make your move and play two carts. If you do this, all is peachy.

If you go through your log, stop it at after you added a cart and then click File --> Begin Logfile and then add your other cart -- interrupting the log to shove in a second cart card, the module will go nuts. We're talking dogs and cats sleeping together ... real wrath of God stuff.

In this case, it placed all unsettled locations into his deck. During a combat, an interruption completely screwed up the battle track meter. This is not stuff I can fix in the module design. It is not designed to handle interrupts!!!

In our case it was easy enough to fix: Enna and Hippana were the only unsettled locations on the map, so when they popped up in his hand, he sent them to the empire deck and re-drew. However, since there was no marker on the location, it should have said "OOS" on it, so like I said, really bad stuff happens when you try to interrupt logs.

Remember: if you make a mistake on procedure in a PBEM game, re-do your log from the beginning.

Your other choice is to use the no-frills module, but if you use it, you had better know how to play the game really well, because it is not going to do anything to help you the way the automated one does.

If you are in a live game, this is irrelevant, as you never have an interrupt in a live game. And like it says in the Read Me, click "undo" and make sure your move was reversed because often, the module does multiple steps, and you will need to click "undo" multiple times. And if "undo" makes a card come back masked, just stick it on top of a discard pile and it will unmask. (Again, this is mentioned in the Read me file).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.