5 Posts

Emergence Event» Forums » General

Subject: Attack tokens need to go rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Board Together
msg tools
mbmb
imho they are the weakest part of the game.. Seems some sort of captain cards with attack abilities would make more sense. Any other ideas? This is a great game but this element is the worse part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Abercrombie
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
It's been confusion from the word go!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only watched the solo game played so haven't seen the attack tokens used yet, but wouldn't attack cards in the captain's deck weaken the decks and player options? The game looks to be more about exploration than combat. I think they said combat used to play a bigger role but was dropped due to playtesting feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played myself yet, but I think they should get rid of the attack mechanic altogether, as you rarely are even close to each other on the board anyways from what I have seen on the videos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Mull
United States
Woodland Park
Colorado
flag msg tools
The attack tokens are the mechanism to slow down the leader, the other players can agree to all use their attack tokens to take away the leader's resources, negate his skills, give him extra damage etc until everyone else can catch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the expansion has some new attack mechanic in it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.