$30.00
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

SeaFall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about colonies and event card A rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So for the colonies:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We've just built our first ones. I'm curious if people feel the marketplace would allow a colony to sell goods? Rules as written it wouldn't (it upgrades a sale, not allows a sale) and also that is the ability of one of the upgrades itself, to sell goods there.

My issue is that building a port WILL (again rules as written) provide free heals for a ship that is in this location. This seems to make the "repair colony" functionally the worst one, as a port would allow the same approach, and if you build a colony on an island with spice, it could be built for 2 gold on the very first turn.

So not really a question but just checking if my understanding is correct.



For Event A

Spoiler (click to reveal)
All pirate king things really, do they target the player with the highest TOTAL glory? Or the player with the highest GAME glory? If its spelt out somewhere I can't find it.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
So for the colonies:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
We've just built our first ones. I'm curious if people feel the marketplace would allow a colony to sell goods? Rules as written it wouldn't (it upgrades a sale, not allows a sale) and also that is the ability of one of the upgrades itself, to sell goods there.

My issue is that building a port WILL (again rules as written) provide free heals for a ship that is in this location. This seems to make the "repair colony" functionally the worst one, as a port would allow the same approach, and if you build a colony on an island with spice, it could be built for 2 gold on the very first turn.

So not really a question but just checking if my understanding is correct.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

If marketplace is the building that increases the amount you can sell goods by +2 coins, then no. You may only sell at a place with a "sell" icon. There are 2 colonies that have that ability.

blunder1983 wrote:

For Event A

Spoiler (click to reveal)
All pirate king things really, do they target the player with the highest TOTAL glory? Or the player with the highest GAME glory? If its spelt out somewhere I can't find it.


Game glory.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought as much. Still invalidates the one that lets you repair, as a port is better for the most part.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
Thought as much. Still invalidates the one that lets you repair, as a port is better for the most part.


I don't have the wording in front of me, but I'm almost sure that building (that lets you repair ships if they end a sail movement on the spot) still works as normal. I've never built that building, but doesn't it let you repair for free when you land there, without taking a repair action?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
blunder1983 wrote:
Thought as much. Still invalidates the one that lets you repair, as a port is better for the most part.


I don't have the wording in front of me, but I'm almost sure that building (that lets you repair ships if they end a sail movement on the spot) still works as normal. I've never built that building, but doesn't it let you repair for free when you land there, without taking a repair action?

Almost. It lets you discard damage cards without taking a repair action, which is often the same thing. But it doesn't "repair" exhausted upgrades, and since it doesn't add a repair (hammer) icon, it doesn't let you do a normal repair action to repair ships fully.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Liddle
United States
Sandpoint
Idaho
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Port is also limited to whomever can snatch up the building tile(s) first, whereas the repair colony is more of a sure thing.

Still, it's near the bottom of the list in my book.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that for any of these option, the owner can "sell" access to other players for a reputation token...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.