The Glorious Fall» Forums » News

Subject: Any news about the KS?? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart some minor questions about the rules, this game seems very promising.
I'm interested in it but I don't see any news since May or so.

Is the KS going to be or not?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shafer
United States
Hedgies Hang
flag msg tools
designer
"It is a pity we so often succeed in our endeavors to deceive each other." -Empress Irene
mbmbmbmbmb
DocOne wrote:
Apart some minor questions about the rules, this game seems very promising.
I'm interested in it but I don't see any news since May or so.

Is the KS going to be or not?

Hi,

Turns out, yes this game WILL be. But we have been (since May or so) going through some new rounds of testing because I wanted the game to be tighter, with more intense focus.

We shortened the game length from 5 to 4 eras. It is now in that sweet spot, I think, where the game still feels epic in scope, yet leaves you hungry for more in the end. This "simple" change entailed a LOT of re-balancing due to the math of the game- the edge between the Empire surviving and Falling had to be maintained.

In addition cards that impacted gameplay, known as "Miracles," all had to be re-examined to ensure they still fit in with the new game length.

Then, in June I ran into a playtesting group that saw things in the game I'd never thought of. Quite a few *simple* things that were all worthy of being checked out- not new rules or anything like that, but simple quality of life things for the gamers when they play. This entailed some considerable work on my part, including a redone game map that is simpler, less cluttered, and still serves the game exactly as before while looking like a relic of the Byzantine Empire.

So in other words, we decided to let the game have another year of playtesting time to push it to be really polished. It was ready in June, but basically now I think people are going to get the second edition of the game as the first edition, if you know what I mean.

I've a new edition of the rulebook ready that has gone through some blind tests. I'll be publishing here soon enough and pointing out the changes to the game we made in the past seven months.

The Glorious Fall is coming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Ferrari
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much. I'm very happy to hear that.
I'm looking forward to the new rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Cousson
France
Montpellier
flag msg tools
Hi. Any news ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shafer
United States
Hedgies Hang
flag msg tools
designer
"It is a pity we so often succeed in our endeavors to deceive each other." -Empress Irene
mbmbmbmbmb
Why yes...

Anything you'd like to know in particular? whistle

OK, without writing too much:

We are integrating the finalized rules from last summer's playtesting into the art/design of the game now. Satisfied the changes truly work, we're going to final physical design.

Just yesterday I sent off the art for the board to get some prototypes dyed. Need to playtest the reality of any UI (User Interface? I lack an alternate term for that in boardgames) changes we made. Keep in mind, things were "final" before, so it's not drastic changes or anything.

One little detail I'll share is that we figured out how to add the Walls of Constantinople into the game in a simple, intuitive way. Embarrassing it took so long!

I've been rebuilding the rulebook and will share that "soon." I keep "finishing" it, but since the art isn't ready I keep working on it too. -sigh- Obsessive I'm sure...

Cleared away the release 1.0 that was shared on BGG and will have a new one up in the coming weeks. Thing is though, rulebooks without game pieces to test it out on and look at make people feel confused. But it is what it is.

Thanks for checking in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very interested in the game. Are there preliminary rules available, and what is the time-line planned for a possible release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Shafer
United States
Hedgies Hang
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
sirdan221 wrote:
I'm very interested in the game. Are there preliminary rules available, and what is the time-line planned for a possible release?

Hi,

Rules will be available again soon. If you subscribe to the game listing on BGG, you will get a notice when I upload the file. I will certainly announce here. I pulled the old ones as we'd made enough changes to warrant that. Integrating some new art and photos into the rules- had to rewrite a few sections.

As for timing:
This will be a KS that has everything done when we go to that step- meaning artwork, all development, distribution plan, etc. The remaining piece at that point will be funding the manufacturing process, in essence. So the time frame once we go to KS will be relatively fast, assuming success of funding. In early pricing stage now with manufacturers for parts and production.

Now, when will get to KS? I hate to say this, but "as soon as we are ready." My desire is for this year, mid year.

Sorry so quiet about things, but really our heads are down working on all the details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.