$60.00
$20.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

A Feast for Odin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Etiquette teacher and occupation timing rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Etiquette teacher: Immediately after each time you take an action in which you play at least 1 occupation (on an action space or via an occupation), you receive 1 peas.


From the wording, I guess that you can get the peas even in the same action where you play etiquette teacher.

But now for another cases, mostly with conditional cards and the 4-Vikings actions that let you play the occ before or after the action:


Some cards like 140 and 141 (ivory sculptor, blubber cook) give you a bonus after a successful whaling. If I play them after the 4-Viking whaling, do I get the bonus?

This is relevant because you could play a different job if you don't fulfill the bonus requisites for the whaling one, and I'm not sure if the rules distinction that you can play jobs before of after the action are there to force you to choose in this cases or just the opposite, to give you flexibility.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think the before-or-after thing is to give you flexibility.

However, I would argue if you play the card after successful whaling, it only applies from that point onwards and you get nothing. I suppose we'll wait for an official ruling.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Spain
Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with your interpretation, too. I'm familiar with too few cards, but the before/after could also make a difference for many immediate actions. You could pay with the money you get with the big artisan action, or use any good just acquired, etc.

With conditionals, I guess there's a requisite to be fulfilled before the action. The wording in etiquette teacher seems like a way to sort out fringe cases like that one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Heeren
Germany
Eppstein-Bremthal
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="zosete"]
Quote:

But now for another cases, mostly with conditional cards and the 4-Vikings actions that let you play the occ before or after the action:

Some cards like 140 and 141 (ivory sculptor, blubber cook) give you a bonus after a successful whaling. If I play them after the 4-Viking whaling, do I get the bonus?


No, you won't get the bonus. If you chose to play an occupation after the action has been resolved, the card can not trigger on that action any more.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One question. Do you get the peas before the action takes place? I mean, can you use the peas if the action space is upgrade goods?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
One question. Do you get the peas before the action takes place? I mean, can you use the peas if the action space is upgrade goods?

The card description explicitely says you get the peas after the action.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
alexandermagno wrote:
One question. Do you get the peas before the action takes place? I mean, can you use the peas if the action space is upgrade goods?

The card description explicitely says you get the peas after the action.


I asked that because in the thread about the Helmsman card nan3000 said that you get the weapon before the action, and the card has the same expression
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GAF Blizzard
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
alexandermagno wrote:
One question. Do you get the peas before the action takes place? I mean, can you use the peas if the action space is upgrade goods?

The card description explicitely says you get the peas after the action.

Yes, but there has been discussion indicating "take" an action may actually mean choosing the action. I think Frank ruled this way say least once.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.