Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played once and setting up the workers was kind of annoying. Here's my idea:

Put out only 4 workers, one for each product. They indicate the top row - just imagine everything below them is filled in with workers.

Keep the rest of the workers in a bank next to the board.

When a worker gets fired, it still goes to the fired worker spot.

When a worker goes back to the pool, take it from the fired workers and put it in the bank. Then move the lowest/furthest-right worker of the 4 up one space.

When a worker is hired, take it from the bank, then move the highest/furthest-left worker of the 4 down one space.

Anyway, like I said, I've only played once. Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work?

Is it a Pro Tip or Nonsense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garth Tams
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It may be harder visualize. I am thinking of just switching my workers to cubes Terra Mystica style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I might switch to cubes, too, four of them, once the concept is clear. Either way it might keep the game from devolving into, "Set up 100 tiny bowling pins and then try not to knock them down".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Klemm
United States
Walnut Creek
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great idea! Will do this next time we play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Risthaus
Germany
Wolfsburg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
doctoryes0 wrote:
I've only played once and setting up the workers was kind of annoying. Here's my idea:

Put out only 4 workers, one for each product. They indicate the top row - just imagine everything below them is filled in with workers.

Keep the rest of the workers in a bank next to the board.

When a worker gets fired, it still goes to the fired worker spot.

When a worker goes back to the pool, take it from the fired workers and put it in the bank. Then move the lowest/furthest-right worker of the 4 up one space.

When a worker is hired, take it from the bank, then move the highest/furthest-left worker of the 4 down one space.

Anyway, like I said, I've only played once. Can anyone think of a reason why this wouldn't work?

Is it a Pro Tip or Nonsense?

Well, you can keep track of the worker market as you feel comfortable with.

However, in my opinion you just switch the work from preparation phase to later in the game. You have additional handling during the game when moving at least two meeple every time you change the amount of workers in the market. In fact you move 8 instead of just 4 workers, when you take 4 workers to your factories: 4 from the supply and all for on the market grid.
It is one of the features of the system that you can by just one move take a worker AND adjust the demand.

Another point: I bet you will at least one time per game forget to adjust the 4 meeple on the worker market/demand track. And if you drop one or more of the meeple you use as indicators you have to check by counting, where they stood before.

Again: if you feel comfortable with this handling during the game to avoid some handling at the beginning, feel free to do so. I think it creates more problems than it solves. Probably the inlay of wood you can buy in the web is an option for you.

Stefan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.