Subject: When doing a search, offer Advanced Search rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Harvey
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A lot of web sites include the comment 'If the information searched for has not been found - try (button) Advanced Search' when a search is carried out.

There seems to be a number of users asking for searches that can narrow down the search using more definite criteria that is available under Adv. Search option.

My suggestion is to include a link to the Advanced Search at the bottom of the search results so that users are directed there rather than ask 'How To' for stuff that is easily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Dauphin
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools

Absolutely.
I do almost all of my searches as advanced ones.
One of the issues I have is that Games seem to be the only database I can search in advanced mode directly.
Trying to search something else that way just causes it to default back to Boardgames. So to do an advanced search of forums, I do a blank search, then select the advanced option afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.