United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://fortune.com/2016/11/06/trump-staff-twitter-account/

Obama reacts...

TYT react.

In response to questions, Trumps staff claim they haven't taken it away but apparently the vocabulary used in the messages has changed noticeably since Nov 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! A cad perhaps, but no bounder.
mbmbmbmbmb
come tuesday they better take away his dummy also - he might spit it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like a smart move on his part, not sure why this surprises you.
I am sure the other side has told Hillary to stop taking pay days for her foundation until she can pardon herself. duh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
jeremycobert wrote:
I am sure the other side has told Hillary to stop taking pay days for her foundation until she can pardon herself. duh.

That would be a nice view, if this was Donnie's decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I see you...
United States
Avon
Ohio
flag msg tools
"I made a promise on the grave of my parents...
badge
...that I would rid this city of the evil that took their lives. "
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
Dispaminite wrote:
jeremycobert wrote:

That would be a nice view, if this was Donnie's decision.

Well ultimately it is his decision. He could have refused.

Sure, and they could have put him in a time out if he did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem is, no one can take away the launch codes from the President. Who's going to be the grownup in the room then?

What if Putin thinks he has an understanding what with Trump saying he wouldn't honor NATO agreements and thinks all the US military leaders are idiots. If on inauguration day, Russia forces cross into Ukraine or the Baltic states (Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania to reconnect the Kaliningrad exclave back to Russia), what happens?

Does Trump launch on Russia? Does he support NATO? Does he let it happen and try to cut a deal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I find the idea of Trump's campaign staff taking away his toys hilarious and entirely in keeping with what we know of Trump, I can't actually find any solid info other than that Trump himself has stopped tweeting. Any good source for WHY his tweets have stopped, or is it all speculation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snoo Py
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Trump got its twitter taken away?
That sucks, it's going to remove some of the fun for tomorrow......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! A cad perhaps, but no bounder.
mbmbmbmbmb
too bloody true - I wanted to see Trump wheel out CHarlie sheen and claim Winning !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:
The problem is, no one can take away the launch codes from the President.

Do you think there's this big red button on the Resolute desk that launches ICBMs?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_Situation_Room
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_football

No, I know, because my extended family worked in aerospace and were in every branch of the service, that nukes can be launched from the White House Situation Room or in the field using the "nuclear football," a briefcase. I know an entirely unreasonable amount about it considering I have never worked on a nuclear program myself.

The problem with the system is, you have to make sure the soldiers charged with launching the missiles will salute and say, "Yes, Mr. President," when the order is given. He and he alone is the Commander in Chief.

If you think Trump has been wound up by Clinton, wait until no leader in the world takes him seriously. He's got a conviction that he's the best con man out there. He's an amateur compared to Putin.

Warning: Disturbing Image:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Effects of Nuclear Weapons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's a little late for that now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that you'll pay any attention, but HRC did what every Sec'y of State has done since the founding of the country: handled the job as the Sec'y and the President agreed. She didn't send any classified material, and what she received was only classified after the fact: in other words, if you put together all the mail on the secure server you can piece together something which might be a problem.

Kissinger went to far as to send his papers to the Library of Congress, where they are unavailable for FOIA requests; the legality of that was confirmed by the USSC.

Comey's a Republican (or at least was until he went independent earlier this year). If he says there's no there there, I tend to trust him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:

Do you think there's this big red button on the Resolute desk that launches ICBMs?

So are you voting for Trump?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
galad2003 wrote:
So there is no proof and this is all a unfounded rumor because his tweeting has stopped. Wow, you guys are so gossipy.

What's more likely? That Trump gave up his keys to the twitter nuclear football under pressure from his donors and staff because he literally couldn't control himself or that he stopped tweeting crazy stuff when he's upset and also changed his vocabulary and subject matter for the few tweets he did make now only during normal working hours?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
galad2003 wrote:
So there is no proof and this is all a unfounded rumor because his tweeting has stopped. Wow, you guys are so gossipy.

What's more likely? That Trump gave up his keys to the twitter nuclear football under pressure from his donors and staff because he literally couldn't control himself or that he stopped tweeting crazy stuff when he's upset and also changed his vocabulary and subject matter for the few tweets he did make now only during normal working hours?

And stopped posting with his android phone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Michealson
United States
Maple Grove
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrspank wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
Tall_Walt wrote:

So are you voting for Trump?

Drew?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, it's a time out for Trump the truculent little tyke. He'll be sent to bed without supper if he doesn't learn how to behave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.