BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Gameseek feedback? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luke O'Rafferty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There seems to be a lot of deals on at the moment coming from Gameseek. However I have seen plenty of talk about whether or not the deals actually go through. Has anyone got any real feedback on Gameseek and whether products actually turn up? I'm personally avoiding giving them my money in the hope that it may or may not go through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Burke
England
Newcastle (aka Geordie Land)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally haven't had any issues with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 2 pending orders - fingers crossed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anevil giraffe
United Kingdom
Cambridge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
never had a problem. Good quick delivery and service in my experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Hot Deals - Europe to Discussing Retailers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Hughes
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered something from them that they stated was in stock. They mark it shipped to me and say it'lol be 4-5 working days. Couple of weeks later I figure that I've waited long enough and raise a query with them. And then twice more over the next week or do as they don't respond. Finally get an email back from them saying that they have been able to get any copies of the game (which they had lied and told me they had sent) and do I want to wait until it comes in stock.

Erm. No. Give me my money back. I am convinced if I had not said anything they would have just kept my cash.

Will never deal with again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke O'Rafferty
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for moving the post - sorry I hadn't realised this space existed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have bought twice from them and have no problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ewen Pearson
United Kingdom
Shipley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've ordered from them twice, first time no problem, second time they sent the wrong game (not even similar). I had to chase refund, but got it in the end. This was early Nov 2015. I noticed at the time their rating on Amazon had plummeted, can't remember exactly what it was, but dropped from year 95% orders ok, to 30 days 70% okay or something like that. Just looked again and they are back up to 94%+. My guess is they messed up a load of orders around that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard King
United Kingdom
Crockenhill
KENT
flag msg tools
They are fine if they have the game in stock and it arrives undamaged. Their prices are sometimes the cheapest around.

However, be prepared for them to cancel orders and for them to package heavy board games in plastic bags or jiffy bags and deliver using Hermes,despite selecting Royal Mail.
When you return games be prepared to chase and chase for the replacement to be sent out. I have 2 games that I keep returning due to damage over the last 3 months, Planet Steam and Virgin Queen. I live in hope that one day I will receive a copy of these games undamaged. They have also sent me a previous returned copy of Planet Steam as the damage was in the same place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
3 orders placed directly with them so far (6 games in total) all fulfilled without problems. Also bought stuff from them through Amazon, again no problems.

I suspect I won't get Exodus: Proxima Centauri because I think there is a glitch in their system (it allowed me to add the bundle to my basket even though it wasn't in stock).

I believe they are trying to become a google store (whatever that means) as I was asked to give feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Clarke
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mb
I've had two successful orders – fast delivery too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My only two orders have been perfectly quick and successful, both in the last 3 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wood
United Kingdom
Newtownabbey
County Antrim
flag msg tools
I have ordered from them twice. Both times it was for an item they said they had in stock. First time I cancelled the order because it had not shipped after a week. Second time I decided to let it go if it ran late and see how long it actually took them. With this second order it took them around 10 days (8 working days) to ship. I don't know what shipping company they used but that order took over a week to arrive too. These guys are a "only use if you have no other choice" vendor for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
London
Greater London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered directly through them for something (can't remember what) was a lot cheaper than other places.

It then went sold out...then a week or so later I had an email saying when they checked the stock it was damaged so couldn't fulfil my order. A friend buying a diff game got the same stock email.

They refunded both of us, but I've been wary ever since.

My advice would be, if you're desperate for the game, then don't rely on them. i.e. for a birthday or christmas present. However, if the price looks good, and you don't ultimately mind if you don't get it, then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Ward
England
Salford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been able to pick up games with a good discount from RRP and received without issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just rec'd confirmation of despatch of 2x Kraftwagen @ £15 ea. No problems there then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
Thus far I've placed two orders with them. My experiences are not positive.

The first was for Greed. With shipping to Finland it was a whoopping 9£ and change. There were 2 in stock when I ordered and 1 after that. I waited a month, and they refunded me. Never got a shipping notice. I figured they just ran out, that their stock wasn't exactly updating in time. Stuff happens.

The second order was for Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Skull & Shackles – Base Set for around 27£ with shipping to Finland. They shipped it promptly, within a few days from the order. There were over 20 units in stock when I placed the order. Almost a month went by when I received and e-mail from them disclosing that the order had been returned to sender as the address wasn't legible to their courier service. I asked to see the address. They had placed my apartment number (effectively the two last characters of the first line of my address) to the beginning of the 2nd row. My information, saved on their site and on the order confirmation, was correctly formatted.

They asked me if I wanted a refund or if they should re-send it with a newly fixed address. I told them to do the latter. Then they told me that they had run out of the item and could not do so.

So this is where I begin to have an issue with the way this whole thing is being handled, and ask them in a somewhat courteous tone how my order, which has been involved in this ongoing customer service case, was somehow returned to their stock and then shipped off to someone else. They replied by stating I would deal with their accounts-section from now on. They did not give any contact information for said people. The following day, I was refunded for the order. No one has sent me an e-mail. I'm about to send them one, repeating my previous questions, but I don't exactly expect a response.

All in all, a somewhat stressful farce that I personally wouldn't recommend for others to undergo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
When you ordered did you get a feedback request box? Every order I place one comes up. It won't solve your immediate problem but if enough feedback prevents them from becoming an official google store they might smarten up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game arrived from gameseek today, all four corners of the box are damaged, one is ripped. The cardboard box / packaging it came in is undamaged, so can only assume it happened in the warehouse.

Out of three games I have ordered from them two have been damaged shake

Will try to get a refund but after reading this thread looks like that will be fun...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Mononen
Finland
Kerava
flag msg tools
SuperJoeUK wrote:
Will try to get a refund but after reading this thread looks like that will be fun...
I got a refund very fast and never even asked for one. All my issues stemmed from trying to get a replacement which they didn't have despite giving contradictory claims towards it. I'm hopeful they'll refund you promptly given their willingness to do so without even asking on occasion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jarvis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok cheers, I hope you are correct ! To be fair I had no issues at all getting a returns label from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.